One thing 2012 wasn't good for was my resolution list I made last year at this time (click the link if you'd like to go back and read last year's). I only accomplished a few of them. That's why I'm calling this year's list a List of Hopes. It's what I hope to accomplish, more than resolutions that I feel need to be accomplished.
My 2013 List of Hopes:
- To knit more from my stash- I know I said this last year and gave a percentage. I don't want this to be something stressful, or where I feel like I need to hit a certain goal. I just hope to use some of the gorgeous yarn already purchased. That doesn't mean I won't be buying more yarn! After all, I'm going to Stitches West in February!
- To learn colorwork- This was on my list last year and it never happened. I hope to accomplish it this year.
- To finish the two sweaters already started and start two more- I'm 90% done with two sweaters (the Abalone and the Featherweight Cardigan). I'm not sure what's stopping me from finishing them!
- To finish the Woodlands Sampler Cross Stitch and steampunk cross stitch- I signed up for the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's 2013 Woodlands sampler. I'd like to finish it within the year (you get a little picture each month) and also to start and finish the steampunk cross stitch pattern I purchased for my husband's music/computer room.
- To learn how to sew (better) and feel comfortable following a sewing pattern- pretty self explanatory.
- To post more here- I know I promise this a lot, but I really do want to post more here. I think with my studio, I'll have more time as my work is streamlined.
- To double my sales with Candy Skein and aquire more wholesale accounts- In 2012 I hoped to triple my sales, from '11 to '12 which I did. I'd like to double my 2012 sales! We'll see how that goes.
- To make more time to read- I used to read on average 2 books a week, but now I'm nowhere near that. Most of my reading time has gone to my craft hobbies but I'd like to get back to at least a book a week.
That's it for my goals! I'd love to hear some of yours if you'd like to share them in the comments section or link to your blog if you've written a post!
I'd also like to share one last thing. What a perfect time to unveil the January '13 colorway, Pink Champagne. This yarn is available starting today in Yummy fingering on the website. Here's the link!
Have a happy and safe New Year! See you Wednesday, as I have a new project on the needles to share.