Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 55


Hi all! I hope you're having a great week so far. Mine has been a hectic one, but I think all is settling down for now and things worked out for the best! YAY! We had a great time this past weekend, as I mentioned in my post Monday. It's always sad to see an event pass you look forward to for a lot of the year. I guess we'll always have next year's Tiki Oasis.

I'm watching my nieces again, but will still try and make it to as many WIPWs as possible. I don't have a ton to share, but I got a little knitting done since last Wednesday.





I took the yarn to start my husband's second sock this weekend and got a bit of the ribbing done but not as much as I was hoping for. It got dark a lot earlier than I was thinking, so I only have a little time Friday night and Saturday evening to work on it before I just couldn't see what I was doing anymore. I have about 10 more rows of the ribbing, then a few stockinette before I start the heel flap. I hope to have the second sock done soon, but I don't want to put pressure on myself to finish since I really don't have any kind of deadline. The yarn is Knit Picks Imagination in Frog Prince.






Now the shawl. As you may have remembered, I started the Dane pattern for the Candy Skein KAL, but frogged it. I'm now working on Little Shells which is going great after some quick help from my knitting group. I finished the stockinette and first lace repeat, and am about to go up a needle size, as I forgot to when I started the lace. For lace section 2, I'm going up one, and then for lace section 3, I'll go up one more. I was originally supposed to go up 2 to start the lace but totally forgot. My friend from my knitting group thought going up gradually would be best at this point. I'm loving the pattern, especially now that I have stitch markers for every 7 rows to see where I'm at in the pattern. It's a pretty easy pattern to memorize which is the kind I LOVE. Again, I'm using Delicious fingering in Blueberry Sorbet. I must say, not to pimp my own product, but this has to be the best yarn I've ever used. Just the yarn alone makes me want to work on the project more and more. Unfortunately, I only got 3 1/2-4 hours of sleep last night, so I didn't want to work on it today as I was afraid being so tired would screw me up!

That's it for me and this WIPW. What are you working on?


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



31 comments:

  1. That blueberry sorbet is really gorgeous!

    Hope you manage to get some more sleep today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your progress on the shawl and what a great idea to increase needle sizes gradually. I really want to try some of your yarn - just need some spare cash first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of gradually increasing the needle sizes, can't wait to see what it makes the lace look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe shawl is looking stunning. What a clever idea with the needles, can't wait to see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn looks very like the mystery one I used for a scarf a while back: shall go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute sock, and great progress on the shawl too. Would love to see more progress on the skirt - I'm intrigued! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl is great. You didn't mention the skirt. I hope it isn't in the frustration pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy bee. Sounds like a gradual increase on the shawl is the way to go. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are busy! Good luck with the lace, can't wait to see it finished and I like the color of your hubbs socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't function on that little sleep! And I definitely can't knit lace when I'm overtired. Ribbing sounds best.

    Love the look of both projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I'm so sorry about your lack of sleep. Hopefully, you'll get to catch up soon. The sock and shawl are coming along great. And I'm kind of dying to see pics of Tiki Oasis. Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your choice in yarn colors & a pattern you can easily remember is always a plus. get some rest! :)
    happy wipw day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Second sock is looking good! Love the colors too. The shawl is looking great too. Get some rest - you're smart not to knit when tired, I've done some really odd mistakes when I've done that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited to see the shawl. What a great idea with the gradual needle size increase.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that frog prince color way. I've also noticed that summer is ending and it's getting darker out much sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shawl and the yarn are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, everyone! The skirt is still in progress, I just haven't really done much on it. I lost Thursday night, Friday and Saturday to Tiki Oasis and Sunday I had to work on Candy Skein since I lost the weekend. Don't worry, it's still here. :)

    Paula #2, I'll email you and send you a link to pics. We didn't take many this year, but a bunch of people did!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The shawl is beautiful. I like the recommendation to go up gradually. The socks are coming along too. Just don't have your husband talk to mine...I'm not ready to knit big feet socks yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving the Blueberry Sorbet :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you don't seem to have "second sock syndrome".....I know so many that have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks great! I always find a slow spot about halfway down the ribbing on socks -- like I'll never, ever get to the heel. But then suddenly I'm turning the heel and then the rest seems to go faster.

    Thanks for hosting WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm trying to get hubby to let me start a knitting blog since this looks like so much fun! (We haven't had a lot of great experiences with social networking.)

    Frog Prince looks a LOT better than I thought it would! I love it! The colors are masculine and pleasing :) I also love the grey of the skirt! I'm very interested definitely also to see the outcome. I've been debating making a skirt for myself. Would it be too heavy? We'll see. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pattern in the green socks! Really neat.

    I look forward to MD Sheep and Wool all year and I'm so sad when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd love to try knitting a sock - I love that green. Joining in this has encouraged me to just concentrate on one project so I don't have to download so many photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colour of your shawl. Your description of the yarn has me wishing I could reach through the computer sceen and squis it. I can't wait to see the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm late to the show this week because due to my new-found knitting mojo we had knit and natter at my house last night and I didn't get chance to post but I'm here now ;)
    The colourway on that sock really lives up to its name, doesn't it? Looking forward to seeing the shawl finished.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Get some rest lady!!!! The projects look great; don't worry about them too much before you know it, they'll be done.

    ReplyDelete