Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 118

Hi everyone! I don't want to get into politics on this blog, but I just wanted to thank those of you who took the time out to vote yesterday in the US. It's a right AND a privilege to vote and I'm always so proud to be handed my I VOTED sticker. I also wanted to say congrats to President Obama on his re-election!

Now onto yarnie goodness:

I had a great time Sunday with my knitting group. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the fiber festival this year. I think it was much better last year and felt a little cheated that I paid to get in. I did get one thing I wanted! I got a 2.5mm ChiaoGoo needle! I've always wanted to try these and 2.5mm is my favorite size for socks. I picked a 32" cable for it, as I (as you all know) love magic loop. I also got a skein (I know, I know!) of Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in a colorway exclusive to a shop in Manhattan Beach, CA, Twist! I couldn't resist an exclusive colorway.




You haven't seen this shawl in awhile! This is my Quaker Ridge Shawl out of Tosh Sock in Worn Denim. I was hoping to get beads at the show for the beaded bind off, but the bead booth that was there last year wasn't there this year! I was so bummed. I have two more repeats left and then I think I'll just have enough yarn for the bind off. I love it so far!




These are the Candy Skein November' 12 colorway, Pumpkin Pie, socks I'm making for my husband! I haven't had a chance to work on them too much, as you can see, but I'm almost finished with the first cuff. I really like how it's coming along so far and I hope he will too. He still doesn't know I'm working on it yet!



Last but not least, I have a new hobby. I know, like I need something else on my plate! I recently got the itch to learn how to cross stitch again. Last time I did so, I was probably 10 years old and the only patterns out there were old lady looking patterns. Obviously that wasn't my style when I was 10, and it isn't now! There are some amazing patterns out there for cross stitch now! Who knew!? This is The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Kawaii Winter Wonderland mystery cross stitch. I couldn't resist. Obviously I'm behind as I've (almost, I just need to add the snow in the globe) finished day 1. I LOVE it so far, but I will say, cross stitch is INTENSE! I was actually SORE this weekend from it and I realize when I do it I don't breathe! LOL I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you, as it's not knitting or crochet.

That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of your week!



For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

21 comments:

  1. The shawl is looking great!

    What does "Twist" look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of your shawl.its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of the shawl also, and the Pumpkin Pie, to me, looks even better knitted up than it does in the ball. And there's nothing wrong in starting a new craft hobby/technique. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl looks lovely, a pity that you couldn't get beads for the bind off!But it will still look lovely without them!

    Your Pumpkin Pie socks look awesome, such a warm autumn colour...I am sure your husband will love them!

    I remember cross stitch when I was younger, and I remember not being keen on it....I would probably enjoy it now, since I seem to be into crafting in a big way. Your cross stitch looks cute, and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shawl. I am doing secret sock knitting too, it is slow progress, I am on pair number three now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawl is pretty. Socks are looking good. and I don't mind seeing counted cross-stitch at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of your shawl, it is very pretty and the yarn of the socks is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin Pie is lovely ... I'm VERY tempted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to cross stitch as well but it is INTENSE. My eyes and my hands tend to cramp up because I'm all hunched over. Make sure to stretch out your neck too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cross stitch! I'd like to learn too, maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the shawl!! Cross Stitch is fun but it makes my eyes go all crazy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to see the cross-stitch work you do! I started to do it this year and became quite addicted!

    Re your disappointment at the Fiber Festival, I in some ways felt the same way when I went to Rhinebeck this year. I got some goodies, but the list of vendors was definitely less than last year. Some of my faves didn't come this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathe...just breathe. =) Just started cross stitching and already you are an enabler...I may have to sign up for this stitch along!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is a little cross stitch kit waiting for me too. yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your shawlette!! Cross Stitch is my 2nd most favorite craft. If I am not knitting, I am cross stitching - always love to see cross stitch projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Cow - those cross stitch projects on the link you posted are adorable! I don't have my WIP posted, but love to see what you are working on. Thanks for the cross stitch link, I love seeing cross-craft posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love cross stitch!! I have a few of those projects in my basket at well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love Pumpkin Pie. When my CFO calms down, I must order some yarn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the pumpkin socks! Good luck with the cross stitch! I have clock that I started in '82 that I recently pulled out to work on again. Still haven't taken a stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't resist limited edition colorways either! I check every month for the Lorna's Laces Limited Edition colorway at Jimmy Beans Wool. Your shawl looks great and I love your cross stitch project. I share cross stitch on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is that the shawl we were talking about on Twitter a while ago? I know I told you before, but I do love the Worn Denim colourway! :D

    ReplyDelete