Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 202

Hi everyone! I must start off with an apology. I'm sorry I disappeared for a few weeks unexpectedly. I just realized I needed to step away for a week, and a week turned into more. As a few of you know, I've been doing this a LONG time, 202 weeks which is pretty insane (and almost 4 years!). It's almost 4 years! Wow! I love doing WIPW and FO Friday, but needed a break to realize that. It had become a chore. Sure, it only takes a few minutes, but I would put it off later and later each Tuesday night, until I was already asleep and would sit bolt upright in a panic that I didn't schedule a post. I've had a lot going on the past few weeks with Candy Skein, a new exciting side branch off of Candy Skein that I hope to tell you about soon, my husband not feeling well and home from work for a few days and company in town. Enough with excuses! I just want to say thank you for sticking around if you have and I hope I haven't lost too many of you. I will continue to publish posts for WIPW and FO Friday, but please understand if it's not there as soon as you wake up on Wednesday and Friday mornings. I also hope to post more about other things, as I've gotten away from that as my love for posting diminished.

Enough of that. Now to WIPW!

This is August '14 colorway, Prickly Pear Margarita. I have to admit, it wasn't what I was going for when I first set out to dye August, but sometimes you have to go with the flow. I adore it, but I had no clue how it would knit up. Of course, every skein is extremely different when kettle dyed, but I at least needed an idea before I put it up for sale!



 Do you adore it as much as I do!? It's so different than anything I think I've released before. I love how the colors are completely random and it works amazing with this pattern. This is Ruth Garcia-Alcantud's pattern, Sinuous. You all may know her by her company, Rock & Purl! She's amazing, and a good friend of mine. In fact, we'll both be at a retreat starting tomorrow! If you're looking for a pattern that looks amazing and hard, but is really easy to knit and remember, this is the pattern for you!


That's it for me today. I've been working on my Sock Blanket, but want to wait to show it to you until I have a little more progress. I've also been working on cross stitch which I hope to share with you soon!

Have a great rest of your week!

10 comments:

  1. Love that sock pattern, the yarn colours are perfect for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would never leave you. I adore that color way, it is too scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the link up but I'd hate for it to be stressful for you - whenever they're here they're here right! Love the colourway, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colored yarn! I am glad that you took some time for yourself and took a blog vacation. You should schedule one every year. Thanks for all your work doing this linky, I really enjoy participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone needs a little break from blogging once in awhile. I just took a break myself. Glad you're back.

    That colorway is gorgeous! (wipes drool off of keyboard)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I totally get the need for a break, it's hard when what started as something fun starts to feel like a chore, sometimes you gotta step back and make it fun again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tami,
    Totally understand you need a break from time to time! I am glad to see you back and I love to join WIPW and I also love your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have you back and so very relieved that everything is ok! There was some worry! But everyone needs a break now and then! Totally need to do what is best for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was relieved to see you back. I had begun to get worried! What a fun colorway, and that pattern is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really glad you're back, and it is no surprise that you wanted a break. 3.7 years of WIPW AND FOF! That's incredible dedication.

    I love the sock and the way the variegation works with the texture of the stitches. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete