Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 8

Wow is it hot in San Diego! Last week I was wearing a sweatshirt to walk Milo, and this week we are breaking records for the heat! It was hot on the weekend and 110 on Monday in parts of San Diego (one of those parts happened to be exactly where I live). I don't have air conditioning. You can feel my pain I'm sure. I stayed home with the house shut tight trying to keep my animals (2 cats and a dog) hydrated and happy. Not an easy task. That being said, I wasn't in a crochet kind of mood. Who wants hot yarn draped on them in that heat?

That being said, I agreed to a quick swap with a friend of mine. She's making me a bead necklace while I crochet her a hat! She picked out a hat, modern flapper style and I started right away. It was a fast crochet and super fun! I love it and will probably make one for myself at some point. Unfortunately, it was such a fast crochet project, that I finished it before sharing it on WIPW. I will have it up on Friday for FO Friday this week!



As you can see, I've made some progress with the Granny Stripe blanket (aka The Ice Cream Blanket). I'm really enjoying it, though now that all the colors have repeated a few times, it's a little less exciting to work on it. The first set of colors, I couldn't wait to see how each color looked with the other. Then the second time around, I was excited to see how it all looked repeated. Now that I know both those things, it's just the same ol' thing here on out. It may also hurt that the weather is so hot. When I started the blanket, it was cooling down. I hope I'm ready to really crank on it once the chill returns to the air.



I'm making purses for several people (I have to make a total of 3) for Christmas, so I thought I should probably, you know, start on that. LOL You may have remembered, I made a gray version and shared it for WIPW 4. That one was a test, so I could figure out the confusing pattern! Hopefully I remember how to do it! The exciting part about making another one is playing with the ribbon and the lining I get to do afterward, so that's a plus. I hope to making this in a day/day and a half. We'll see how it goes!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


29 comments:

  1. I have friends vacationing in San Diego right now - I heard how hot it was there this past week! Wow! Btw, I LOVE San Diego!

    Looking forward to seeing your hat on FO Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to see your hat.. And I love your blanket, I can't wait to see it done..

    I put my finished projects in my post this morning but I think after this week I am going to start separating my posts and doing the WIPW and the FO Friday.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket will start to get exciting again once it starts to get so large you can imagine it being full size and using it. And then you will hurry up and finish! At least that's what happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, does anyone know why I can't post a comment to Stacey's blog??? This is the 3rd week I have tried this. It keeps telling me that my blog address is not mine and I need to log in with my information. I already am logged in and the address IS mine.. lol...
    Any ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  5. purses! that is the one thing i'm nervous about with the lining involved...:) maybe i could make some and then send your way for that part? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this WIP Wednesday, I am going to try VERY hard to make my participation a regular event.

    By the way, I love the colours in your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SweetPotato- San Diego is nice, about 355 days out of the year. LOL This was crazy, recording breaking heat!

    Trisha, would love for you to participate in FO Friday, but if you can't, you can totally put finished stuff in WIPW. Also, I have no clue why you're having trouble commenting on Stacey's site! Weird. I'll see if I have trouble at all.

    Alea, good to hear! Right now it's just an annoying size and I feel like it's going no where fast! LOL

    atangledyarn, funny you mention the lining. Since I just got my sewing machine, the lining is the part I can't wait for! Only problem is, I have to hand sew the lining after making it w/ my machine. THAT'S the part I don't want to do. :(

    CraftyCripple, welcome and thank you! Funny you should mention the colors of the blanket. We had a big discussion about it last WIPW! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trisha, I just commented on Stacey's blog. When it says it can't do the openID for me, I just press the ok or continue and it posts it anyway, just w/o the link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for checking Tami, I will try again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what the hat looks like. One day I need to branch out and do something more than scarves or blankets. And well...probably finish off that lion I started an eon and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irish, yeah, I love hats because they're SOOO easy and SOOO fast. Unfortunately, I realized I sent the hat to my swap partner without taking a proper pic of it. Hopefully iphone pics will work or I can get her to take a pic of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, it didn't work.. It keeps telling me that I need to log in, it takes me to another page saying that i'm not the owner of Trisha's Crochet Blog or Trisha's Book Blog..
    Not sure what is up with that..

    Stacey if you read this I check your blog every week and I think your work is amazing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me want to learn crochet! Love that scarf. I linked to my WIPW, and it looks like it actually works this time! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, suddenexpressions! Glad it's working for you! Actually, the scarf should soon be a blanket! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tami, just wanted to tell you quick that I posted the link for the instructions to that scarf that I made in my WIPW comments section for today on my blog.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blanket and the colours in it, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. posted my link, first WIPW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Susie!

    27Stitches, welcome! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like WIP Wednesday is going to be the most regular part of my blog. Thanks for thinking this up, Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sillylittlelady, your link isn't working. It says page not found. :(

    Pentalia, you're very welcome! I look forward to it each week! It gives me an excuse to put more projects in my queue on ravelry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. The heat! Yeah here too - I live in Northern CA and I'm finding it too hot so I can imagine how much worse it might be down south. It's going to get cooler by the end of the week so hang in there.

    The blanket looks good. I'm with you on the monotony. I loose interest too after a few sets of repeats and I start off on a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vinita, Ugh, the heat! Sucks, doesn't it? Luckily, it is getting cooler. Only problem, by the end of the week, I'll be in Vegas where it's triple digits. LOL Thanks for the blanket love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Still loving your blankie -- though I totally get not wanting to work on it while it's so blinking hot. We've been spared the worst of it in CO, but it's still pushing 90 here, and I'm crabby about being cheated out of Fall. :( Ah well, I'm guessing there's plenty of knitting weather coming!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the blanket colors. The weather has been so totally messed up everywhere hasn't it?!? Enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Paula, agree...though we never had summer here by our standards, so I can't complain much!

    Dina, I wonder how I wore a sweatshirt last week and this week I'm sweating bullets just sitting in a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting this. I remembered to put up a link back to you this week.

    I saw last night on some blog a Christmas ticker, it showed 87 days left. I think I threw up a little bit at the thought of that.

    Your blanket is looking pretty. Looking forward to seeing your FO Friday hat.

    The crazy weather you've had. It's supposed to the low 90's here, but we hit a record high 101 and will again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Denise!! I saw that on your blog. I can't believe we only have 87 days left!

    Talk about crazy weather, 110 Monday and 4 days later it's a thunder storm and currently POURING rain.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to have your pouring rain. Send it this way.

    ReplyDelete