Friday, October 21, 2011

FO Friday 57


Hi all! Thanks so much for all of the birthday wishes on Wednesday and yesterday. I really appreciate it. :)

I can't believe I actually have another FO if you can believe that! This is my 3 week in a row to actually have something finished. I'm not sure if this is cheating, but I started and finished the first sock back in May of this year. I decided to finally start and finish the second as Fall is approaching (or is here in some areas of the world). I started this on the Sunday of the Fiber Fiesta and finished yesterday (well, I finished earlier than that but just finished sewing the toe closed). As I mentioned on WIPW, I made the first sock out of the inside of the ball and the second sock from the outside of the ball. I did this on purpose, as I noticed that the first sock was knitting up very green, and the outside of the ball seemed more pink. I thought it would be fun to have them match, but have different accent colors. I LOVE the way they turned out!

Materials:

Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Blackberry
Needles: US Size 2 & 3 (I used the 2 for the ribbing and the 3 for the rest, as I wanted these as more of a house sock, so a larger gauge, though they still fit in shoes)
Pattern: I made it up myself, making a basic sock with 64 sts and an Eye of the Partridge heel flap with a rounded heel.









Share your FOs!




23 comments:

  1. I love the blues of your socks. We're still waiting on Fall to arrive. They say next week. I'll believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you got that effect just from using the opposite end of the yarn? cool!

    My FO is so exciting this week! It's legen....wait for it...dary!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, I love that they match but don't at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks. I love the colours in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great socks !! i think blogger is playing up. i cant see the widget and i have a F.O to share !! sob sob !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks look great! FO's always seem easier when it's your own product you are knitting with,aren't they. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look awesome!!! I know I've posted this before in other comments but not sure if I did on yours - I have a friend who never makes her socks match. She says socks should be fraternal twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are great! I love fraternal socks. They have so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so cool, and I love that you got them both from one skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat! Love the fun yarn and colours in a simple sock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting idea, the inside and the outside of the ball, I might try that with a scarf and or a ghan....that could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Between your socks and a cast-on that I found from your WIP-Linky on Wednesday, I am braving the socks again. Thanks for the jolt of inspiration, Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I really do like that colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! Lissa, good for you! So glad you're trying socks again. :) They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. as usual, love the socks! happy fof day!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your socks, they look so cozy!!

    and I'm sorry - somehow I posted a link three times, eeep! =/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice socks! looks very comfortable on the wood floor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am late to the game but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday! You're partying some more over this weekend, too, right? :)

    Congrats on your socks--I can tell your feet are enjoying them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your socks, they're fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! those look super cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that blue! That's great you were able to bring your knitting. :)

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete