Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 82


Hi everyone! I hope you're having a good week. I have been busy busy busy! I haven't gotten much knitting time done, but when I have, I've worked on the sweater...WHICH I FINISHED!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping it will be blocked (and dry of course) by Thursday night, but if not, you will get a picture of it on Friday on the blocking mats. LOL



That said, I did have time to cast on a new sock. That's right...a new sock. I'm so original! It's my March Harry Potter sock with my knitting group. This time we're going to be doing Devil Snare Socks. I cast on a little early, because I was so excited about the Candy Skein March colorway, Leprechaun Lollipop, and it is perfect for this pattern! We decided to go with this pattern this month because it was a lot different than the other HP sock patterns by Erica Lueder. It has a lace pattern running down the front of the sock, and the rest is stockinette. We'll see how it goes. :)

Other than that, I have nothing to show. I'm going to start swatching for my next cardigan, the Abalone, today! I can't wait. I bought the yarn for it on Thanksgiving weekend and it's just been sitting in my stash waiting to become a beautiful sweater!

That's it for me. Have a great day!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


22 comments:

  1. That colour way is lovely! love the name to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green - they will be a gorgeous pair of socks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the colour of your yarn, beautiful!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that green! Looks like we all do. Soooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, someone else who has been busy too!!! Can't wait to see your sweater. Love the green for the socks too - very pretty shade and appropriate for March!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yarn is gorgeous! It screams spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that green color...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Devil Snare Socks? What a stunning pattern! It's going to be great in that green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That green is amazing! I think I'm going to have to go see if there is any left in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is! I'll be dyeing it all the month of March. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks everyone! I'm quite fond of the green myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green yarn looked so pretty in the skein, I'm excited to see it all knit up! and I really do this its the perfect pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, I just realised that I add my link to last weeks WIP Wednesday post by accident! Sorry! I've reposted to this one now :)

    I love the tones in that green, so much depth! I'm off to bookmark the Devil's Snare pattern now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your rich grassy green yarn---especially since it is so brown around here now! Beautiful yarn!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to thank you so much for your generous time and effort providing this Blogpool for us to swim in, Weds and Fri's would not be the same without you and our fellow bloggers :0)
    Willow4

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is only my second time participating in your WIP Wednesdays, but I really am glad I started. I love finding new blogs to look at and see all the wonderful stuff that people are making! Thanks again

    And that is a LOVELY shade of green. Seriously. I plan to try to learn to knit when I get home from this deployment.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Green is one of my favorite colors, I love your yarn! And I love to be on your party, thank you so much for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not usually a green fan but that is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete