Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 84

Hi everyone! First off, thank you so much for the feedback on the "Life of an Indie Dyer" idea! I think I'm going to try it in the next week or so. I'm not sure how exciting it will be, but some just think I dye yarn all day, but that's only half the truth! I'll give you an in depth day in the life type journal style blog series. Check back for that soon. :)

Now to WIPW! Sorry my pics are a little dark/blurry, but they were taken with my iphone!




I haven't had much time to knit lately, but my Abalone is speeding along! I've finished the first ball of yarn and am working on the second skein. I love this yarn, Sweet Georgia Worsted. Actually, I love it so much, I bought two skeins of Sweet Georgia Tough Sock this weekend while in Los Angeles at Unwind.




I'm still working on my March socks, but this time I'm actually at the lace pattern repeat. This is two pattern repeats. I like the pattern so far, as the second needle is just stockinette, but the lace repeat is one that doesn't have much of a rhythm to it, so I have to constantly pay attention to where I am. Not an easy pattern to work on when distracted. I do love the way it looks in the yarn though! I'm using the Candy Skein Monthly Sock Club March colorway, Leprechaun Lollipop, which is still available for sale here. The pattern is Devil's Snare Socks.


On another note, I will have a new set of mini skeins tomorrow, The Green Collection for sale! Check back here or Candyskein.com to purchase them.

That's it for me for today!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



31 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful red! ♥
    Can't wait to hear more about life as a dyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leprechaun Lollipop is OH so pretty!!!!

    I've been meaning to ask: you dye on the stove-top, right? What kind of kettle do you use? (I've recently come across information about not using aluminum for yarn dyeing, so I was curious.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dye in large industrial cooking pots that you would cook huge quantities of soup or lobster type pots, as well as crock pots.

      Delete
  3. Your sock yarn is beautiful. I have just started socks, but thats going to be my next pattern, I have not done cuff down on circular needles before, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abaolone is a great pattern, and love the colour you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your greens are always so vibrant! I love the colour.

    Thanks

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both colours and love the pattern. It looks difficult, don't think I'd be able to do that one. it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour and the pattern for your socks! Looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh i love those socks, the pattern is gorgeous and so is the colour - really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color of the Abalone is gorgeous!! Love the pattern of your March socks too - very Spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know anything about dying yarn. Do you mean you'll be doing that instead of wipw? Wow, got here earlier then normal this am, barely 8 am and already the linky is 30+ names. Looks like I'll be busy with visits today. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I will continue to do WIPW and FO Friday, as well as my other posts. This will be in addition to.

      Delete
  11. I love the green of those socks!! I think your life as a dyer would be a fab post. I keep thinking about doing a day in the life of a WAHM because I am fed up of people telling me all I do all day is have cups of tea and meet up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My sister thinks that I sit at home watching Oprah eating Bon Bons on the couch all day. She doesn't think I have a "real" job, but just play with yarn and knit all day. Sadly, I'm so busy with my job that I don't knit at all except late at night or at my knit groups lately!

      Delete
  12. Both yarn colors are so pretty! I am putting the abalone in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweater color! It will be a beautiful sweater when done. The sock is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More green oh happy day! I am like that too, if I really have to think and pay attention I am not into the pattern as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure I've said this before, but at the risk of repeating myself, I LOVE that green! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the green sock yarn! The pattern wouldn't be something I would choose though. I'm more a "tv-knitter". I need some repetition haha. But I'm sure the end result will be something that will change my mind about that ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty greens - perfect for a March sock. Is the pint of guinness they keep advertising "the devil's snare?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sock pattern sounds challenging but it is definitely working up to be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really intrigued to read about the life of an indie dyer-- I know too much about running a business to think it's playing with yarn all day, but I will admit I think your job may involve actual alchemy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the color and the pattern for your socks. Its Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love those socks and the colour is amazing! you are so clever. This is my first WIP Wednesday and Im new to your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colours of your wool, always so pretty and vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. The Abalone looks like a great pattern! That will be a beautiful sweater/vest/whatchamacallit. Makes me wish I was a knitter! I also like your green socks. Think you'll have them done for St-Patricks?

    ReplyDelete