Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 102

Hi everyone! As you read this, I'm traveling across the US to Wisconsin! Yes, I'm going there again, but this time Madison! My husband is there on business for two weeks, so I'm flying in to be with him for a few days. I haven't seen him a lot recently, because he's been having to work super late (until 1am every night) so I'll actually get to see him MORE in Wisconsin than I would in San Diego! What this means for you is the next FO Friday and WIPW (I will be home Wednesday, but not to post) will be scheduled in advance. I'm going to try to add pictures at least to the Wednesday post next week, but we'll see what happens.

So for this Wednesday, I have a few things to share.



I've been working on my shawl, but haven't had too much time to knit recently. I've had a bit of work to get done, seeing as I'll be gone for a week. I LOVE how this is knitting up! It's the Rainbow Fruit Chews colorway of Candy Skein Yummy fingering and the pattern is the Hitchhiker. I have this on the trip with me, so hopefully the next time you see it, it will be finished (maybe not blocked, but finished)!



 

I know this is just yarn, pattern and needles, but it will be the start of the Featherweight Cardigan! I'm so excited to start it. I'm using yarn I got in Oregon. It's Baby Alpaca and Silk. I plan to do 4 rows of the dark teal and 2 rows of the light blue. I hope to cast on my trip and I figured it is a perfect travel knitting sweater since it's super easy!


That's it from me today. I hope you all have a great day!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

  

32 comments:

  1. I love the Fruit Chews colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving those colours! May have to grab myself a skein soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Hitchhiker is progressing lovely! Great colours! I started watching the movie last night and I will be knitting it too very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of your shawl! It looks fantastic!! You inspire me to get more colour into my work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you wind your balls. They look perfect others than mine. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a swift and ball winder. I then take from the outside instead of pulling from the inside. You do have to realize though, I get a LOT of practice with my swift and ball winder with Candy Skein, sometimes 100s of skeins in a month!

      Delete
  6. The shawl is fantastic. The yarn is gorgeous and so suits the design of the shawl. Have a great time in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty shawl. I am sure you are going to have a blast with hubby. I can totally relate to not seeing your other half, my hubby is working like a madman as well. Oh well as long as they enjoy what they are doing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shawl! Hope you will have a great time in Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving how that shawl is coming up! Super beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a safe trip! The colors for your sweater are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shawl still looks great. Sounds like the travel will give you a chance to get a bit more done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alpaca and Silk ooooh I am drooling.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Hitchhiker is gorgeous...that's my WIP this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Hitchiker is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwww, my brother lives in WI.... I miss him! Love the color way and especially the shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Hitchhiker is looking good....

    I just ordered my first yarn from you...Blackberry...I'm going to use it for a shawl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sent it out on Monday! I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  17. Love the colors of the shawl :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I literally just moved from the Madison area to California. I hope you were prepared for the heat. It was awful before we left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Do you know what yarn shops are a must while I'm there? We're staying in downtown, but have a rental car. We're also probably going to The House on the Rock on Saturday so heading that way, and probably meeting his parents in Lake Geneva on Sunday! Email me at candyskein@gmail.com if you have any recommendations (or fabric stores/good restaurants)!

      I love WI! Did you like living there?

      Delete
  19. LOVE the shawl, trying to remember what pattern you are using. Have a fun and safe trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. It says up above but just didn't link it. It's the Hitchhiker.

      Delete
  20. Omigosh, that yarn for your Featherweight is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh I think the Featherweight will look awesome in those stripes! My mom (also a knitter) has knit one and is almost done with her second with plans and yarn to knit at least one more. It's a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, that's nuts! Glad to hear it's a good pattern. I hear it's a bit boring though. LOL

      Delete
  22. Thanks everyone for your awesome comments!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, it's been a while since I linked up with you. I finally took a picture of something I'm working on and it's up on my blog. I'm hoping I make it Finished objects friday. P.s Love the candy skeins

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous shawl, it's so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. seeing the gorgeous shawl I cannot wait for my Rainbow Yarn to arrive. I can already feel it in my bones that I will become a Candy Skein addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful shawl - such lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete