Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday....100

Happy 4th of July to my friends in the US, happy belated Canada Day to my friends to the north! Also, to everyone...HAPPY WIPW 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's all say this together...WHOA. That's a LOT of posts. LOL

I don't have a ton to show you, as I finished my Trillian shawl and it's blocking now. I don't want to spoil FO Friday this week! I've decided I'm going to work on one project at a time as I finish them, as I have too many WIPWs and too many projects I want to start.





That being said, I am working on something! I don't know if you remember, but I pulled out my Abalone cardigan that started back at the end of February. I'm making it in SweetGeorgia worsted yarn in Oxblood (which is a deeper red then the picture above shows as this was out in the sunlight and blown out). I LOVE LOVE LOVE this yarn as it's just a gorgeous color and has a great ply. It's VERY stretchy and springy for a 100% merino, making a little hard to work with but still great. I thought I had a ton to go on this cardigan, but after working on it a little last night and measuring it, I only have about an inch to go before splitting off for the sleeves. This is a top down cardigan, so left will be the short sleeved arms, yoke (or top of the cardigan) and then the edging around the whole thing. I hope it flies off the needles as I can't wait to try it on! I have to say, I love top down raglan as you can try on as you go. This mystery with bottom up kinda sucks.

That's it for me today! Have a fun and safe 4th of July!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

19 comments:

  1. LOVE the colour of that cardi! I need to start branching out and try my needles on a garment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 100 Wednesdays!!! Thanks for hosting, Tami - I love WIPW!

    You're right - that colour is beautiful and I think it will look amazing on you - glad you resurrected it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 100 WIPWs!! Well done

    That is a lovely colour - can't wait to see the finished cardi.

    Happy 4th July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! 100 WIP Wednesdays! Even thought I've just started joining in, I love it.
    Love your cardi progress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great timing for the 100th post! Thanks so much for keeping this up - I've made some great friends through the link ups, and I love seeing things move from WIP to FO as the weeks go on :)

    Love the cardigan too. What an awesome colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th to you and yours.
    I absolutely adore the look of that cardigan and I agree with you - top down is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could knit. I get too frustrated. But that looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day!

    Congratulations on WIPW 100! Thanks so much for hosting this for all of us. It's like an international crochet and knitting guild meeting every week!

    I love the way the cardigan is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardigan is very pretty!! I haven't ventured too far into my knitting to make any clothing, but when I do, I just might have to try this first! It looks simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on top-down. Abalone is in my queue so I can't wait to see how yours shapes up. Happy July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck tackling the back-stock of WIP. I need to do that at some point... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry ladies, today nothing from my side. I am too busy with school and privat life. Hopefully, I'll be back on Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour as shown in your photograph and, from what you write, will probably like the real colour too. I look forward to seeing your garment as it progresses.

    Wishing all a Happy 4th July and a Happy 100th WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, this is my first WIP Wednesday! Found you through Ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your sweater is looking great!

    Happy 4th and Happy 100th!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My FO for this week is going to be a Trillian too! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh drat! My fingers got tangled up and I spelled my name wrong lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a day late!!! Totally forgot that yesterday was Wednesday!! LOL

    ReplyDelete