Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 133


Hi everyone! I hope you're having a good week so far. It's crazy busy in my neck of the woods as we have the last push before handing over the keys to our condo to the renters. I'm so excited to get that monkey off my back of stressing about renting it.

I had a great time at Stitches and I'll write more about that later, as I'll just focus on WIPW. On the trip I got a chance to knit in the car, but not much knitting other than that believe it or not. I thought we'd have tons of time to just sit around and knit but we didn't have a moment to spare! Granted, we were only there for one full day and two days of driving.

I was happy to have an easy project like my Color Affection shawl to work in the car. The only hard part was trying to juggle three balls of yarn on my knees! As you can see, I'm working my way across the shawl with the stripes. I have a bit more to go, but I definitely made huge progress. I can't wait to bind off to really see it. It's so squished on the needles/cable, it's hard to tell what it really looks like.







This is a new project, as I was dying to cast on with new Stitches yarn and needles. It's Cephalopod Skinny Bugga! yarn in colorway Blue Ringed Octopus. I'm using the new Knitter's Pride Karbonz needles in size US 1.5 (2.5mm). I'll do a review of the needles soon! Anyway, I'm going to make the Hourglass Eyelet Socks which is a free pattern on Ravelry.

That's it for me today! I'll have more posts this week about my trip and hopefully the needles! Have a great rest of your week.


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

17 comments:

  1. Love the look of the shawls! Almost makes me want to cast one on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks perfect and I love the color of the blue-ringed octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is looking great and less portable now, you are brave to have three balls of wool on your knee. I think it would end up in a tangled mess if I attempted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colour affection is looking great and I to can't wait to see what it looks like when it comes off the needles. Those are some pretty socks and will look great in that yarn colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sock yarn colour! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I'm looking forward to your review of the needles. I got a pair of fixed circs for Christmas that I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm falling in love with the color for those socks. I didn't get to Stitches West this year because we were moving. I'm kinda bummed because I was going to take a class and everything and it didn't happen :(

    Oh well. Next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours for your Color Affection Shawl, I haven't made one yet but I'm constantly seeing people making them so I'm sure I'll be on the bandwagon sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great weekend at Stitches. So much to see and so many beautiful hand dyed yarns!. If you come next year, it would be fun to do a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color of your new yarn! It is very spring-like to me, and as I am hoping for an end to my winter weather, this color is uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colour choices! How do I get a little badge for my own blog please, I can direct the 3 or 4 readers back here to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The turquoise yarn is soo pretty. I have an octonauts obsessed daughter that would just love that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wondering how those needles were, so I'll look forward to your review! And the shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who knew Blue Ringed Octopus would be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like those two colors together, how they're not the norm and will go with everything. That is such a pretty blue for the Lacey socks.

    ReplyDelete