Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 188

Hi everyone! I hope you're having an awesome week so far. I have two projects to share today, one being my Rondelay that I'm still working on, and the second is a toe up sock!



As mentioned, this is the Rondelay pattern. It uses one skein of yarn and I'm using my Candy Skein April '14 colorway, Atomic Jelly Beans. I'm still loving the pattern, though haven't gotten as far as I'd hoped on it. I just finished the second portion and have a third left, plus a small border. I really do love it!



My second project is a new pair of socks. This is huge for me because I've never done toe up before! I decided to pick a pretty easy but popular pattern that wasn't plain vanilla but didn't have too much going on. I'm using Candy Skein Savory fingering and knitting the Socks on a Plane pattern that's free on Ravelry. So far so good, though I did the cabling that I have so far at knitting group and kept losing track of my row count. Oops! Sorry for the blurriness of the photo  (and my hand in it) but it was the only picture that the color came through at all. Most pictures made the yarn look all blue. It will be interesting to see how I like toe up. It seems big and blocky right now. I'm doing 64 sts which is what I normally do for socks. Hmmm...

That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of your week and I'll see you Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier! 

12 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your socks. Can't wait to see them finished. I bet they will look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rondelay! Such a great shawl to show off that fabulous yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love atomic jelly bean! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! Oh...that candy colored shawl....sweet! Sorry for the pun!
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/03/on-my-needlesknitting-in-technicolor.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That atomic jelly bean yarn is crazy! Crazy cool looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shawl looks amazing!

    I made the Socks on a Plane pattern recently too, mine was in an orange/yellow colourway so very different to your beautiful blue one. I use a safety pin through a stitch to mark which row I'm on. I'm easily distracted so having a visual reminder works well for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little cabling in the sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of knitting socks from the bottom up...although I still have to try that :-). Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cables! Socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Rondelay is so interesting, especially in those fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those socks are starting out very intriguing. I must go look that up! I love cables.

    ReplyDelete