Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 204

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a little late today. I was out late at a concert last night and had to get my orders out this morning. The mailman seems to be coming earlier and earlier lately to beat the heat, I'm guessing!

I haven't had much time to knit lately as I'm working on a SUPER secret project that I hope to share with you guys come mid October at the latest. I'll just say that I"m so so so excited about it and it will be an expansion of Candy Skein.

Before I spill more of the beans, let me get into Work in Progress Wednesday!





As mentioned last week, we went to Jimmy Beans Wool during the retreat. I didn't buy much, as I was almost too overwhelmed and really, I have enough yarn in my stash. It's a little ridiculous. I bought one skein of yarn, fabric (I could have bought so much more fabric and it was 50% off too! I had to contain myself) and needles, because you can never have enough needles.



I wish you could see how intense this yarn is. I cast on another Sockhead with it while at the airport. It's a company I haven't heard of before, Vice Yarn. So far I like it. It's either going to be the most amazing Sockhead or the most hideous Sockhead. I haven't decided yet. I'm going to give it until a little into the stockinette section before deciding.


I posted this yarn on my Instagram a week or so ago, and I can't stop thinking about it. I think I'm going to snatch them from the Candy Skein shelves to make a Halloween shawl. The colorways are Pumpkin Spice and Oyster. I'm considering making the Jolly Roger Shawl and then adding stripes into the body of it. Thoughts?


That's it for me this week. I'm off to work and make Gluten Free banana bread! I hope you have a great rest of your week.


9 comments:

  1. Orange and grey together, how lovely. Sorry about my wrong link. Don't klick the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely can't have too many needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange and grey yarn. Fantastic combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Pumpkin and Oyster yarns. Such pretty shading. I am looking forward to seeing that Sockhead. I agree that the yarn is intense, but it is oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I think the Jolly Roger Shawl would be brilliant! I adore those colours, and the Jimmy Beans wool is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new yarn.....and those colors will make a great shawl

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Vice" Yarn? Aptly named company...
    Your WIP is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They would make an amazing halloween shawl, what a great idea! Thanks for telling me about the sock head pattern, I have a skein that I can't quite bring myself to make into socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love orange and grey together!

    ReplyDelete