Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 13

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. It's been a little crazy, and will be for the rest of the month as I'm doing NaNoWrimo as well as all of the Christmas presents I plan to make. Sorry for the quick post, but I'm writing this at 11:30pm on Tuesday. Oh right, did I mention how crazy my life is right now?

And, I need to mention to you all, I am going over to the dark side, at least going to try it. I bought my first knitting needles today at Michaels and will be watching youtube videos to learn. As if I needed anything else in my life right now.

So, I'm just going to get to the chase, I didn't finish the owl bag. Oy! It's not that I didn't work hard on it, or that I didn't try but things have been crazy. That being said, I'm VERY close to finishing. As you can see in the picture, all I have left to do are the eyes, assembly and lining which I hope to finish today. So am I the only one that thinks the wing pockets look like a bikini top?





I started this last night at my crochet meetup. It is going to be a Wiener Dog for my mother-in-law. Her's passed away this year and I thought it would be awesome to make one for her with a collar that has his name on it (Otto). Also this year, her Corgi passed away (both lived long, healthy lives), so I'll be making one of those as well. I'm so happy to see this coming along quickly. That's huge for me at this point.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


18 comments:

  1. Good luck on starting knitting... I really enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you in the knitting world. I too am bi-crafty. Don't crochet nearly as much anymore since I discovered pointy sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tami! This owl tote is going to be ADORABLE!! I have a friend who collects owls, so this would be such a cute gift for her. I don't get the magazine for this pattern, but I think I can go by the photo o.k... Can't wait to see how yours comes out!.. I have a hundred things going on my crochet hooks right now, but can't post them, because most of it's for a Christmas swap, so I don't want to ruin my surprises!.. It's that time of year! Hope you had a Happy Halloween weekend, and that you're having a good week! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a WIP post for this week but your Owl bag is looking great and I think the crochet dog is a lovely idea.

    Enjoy knitting :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with learning to knit! One day I'll re-learn how to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your owl bag finished, it sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Tami! I'm so impressed with all your productivity! Here's a knitting video tip -- on youtube, do a search for "knitwitch". Her videos are far and away the clearest and easiest to understand, and she has enough of them to keep you busy for a while. :)

    Oh -- and welcome to the dark side!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the dark side! There's a lot of great YouTube videos out there for beginners (I like knitting tips with Judy....she reminds me of one of my grade school teachers). I also highly recommend the first Stitch and Bitch book. I still refer to it for basic techniques. Your owl bag is looking good. The bikini resemblence did occur to me, but crochet always makes me think of bikinis (dark side humor).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look forward to seeing the finished owl bag and also some knitting projects - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with all your projects, especially learning to knit and also NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heh heh! Your 'wing pockets' look like my current beading WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stacey, thank you! Knitting seems a lot more intimidating but I'm ready for a challenge!

    Dina, which did you do first?

    Tina, thank you! If you need help pattern wise for the owl bag, just email me at tamisamis@yahoo.com or contact me on Ravelry (hpseeker4). It's crazy easy.

    Northern Monkey, thank you!

    Leah, I hope to be able to learn enough knitting to make socks! We'll see. Right now I'll just be happy with a scarf. LOL

    elephantJuice, me either! I must find time to finish it today!

    Paula, thank you! I'm going to definitely check those videos out. There are so many different knitting videos out there, it's good to have recommendations.

    autumngeisha,thank you! I'm going to check these videos out as well! I have a crochet stitch and bitch, so I'll check out the knitting version! I think my library may have it. I'm a very visual person, so videos are great for me, but need some simple patterns to start with. Glad I'm not the only one that saw the boob cups. ;)

    Saffy, it is exciting! I just hope I can find the time this month to try it. The needles look so fun! I got size 10, 9" bamboo ones. I hope that's a good thing!

    Marushka, thank you! NaNoWrimo kicks my butt every year, but somehow I always manage to hit 50k. I hope this year isn't an exception.

    BeadKnitter, is your current beading WIP a bra by any chance?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! I learned to knit earlier this year and have hardly done any crocheting since, it's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, 27stitches! That's encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since you already know how to crochet, you might have a better time learning to knit continental. Since I've been switching back and forth lately from crochet to knit, continental makes the transition less awkward. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joycers, I sure hope so! From your keyboard to the knitting gods' ears. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally impressed that you're doing NanoWriMo and getting 50k words every year -- wow!!

    You asked about the variegated yarn I'm using for my Victorine shawl -- it's Merisock Handpaints by Punta Yarns. Yummy stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Marushka! I've done it every year working full time and all the other stuff in life that came my way. This year, I quit my job to write (my life's dream) earlier, so I should have it easy this time around. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it with all the crocheting I have to do before Dec 25th! LOL It's also hard because I'm actually trying to make each word count.

    ReplyDelete