Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 14

November is kicking my butt. There is no better way to say it. I was so happy to finish the owl bag, but that was only one present out of many that I have to make by Christmas. I still have faith in myself that I can do it, but haven't crocheted much since finishing the bag.

I did however, have time to learn the knit and purl stitch over the weekend. I posted about it yesterday here.

Here's what I've worked on:



You may remember from last week's WIPW that I started a dog for my mother-in-law. I was hoping to have it finished by now, but unfortunately, I don't. This is where it's at now. I'm going to try and finish by Friday for FO Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



I thought I should probably have two Christmas presents being made at a time if they are small (the bag was way too much to work on two at a time, so this is my first time trying it). I started this hat yesterday for my brother-in-law. I'm using Caron Simply Soft, which I'm not a HUGE fan of when making the items, but love the way it feels once it's done and also Wool-Ease in blue. I didn't know what I wanted to use, other than the Caron Simply Soft. I dug through the stash and found the Wool-Ease. I love when I get to use some stash that I bought awhile ago and had no clue what I was going to use it for. Total win situation! It's the Animator's Hat pattern that I made for myself awhile ago, which you can see here.


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


20 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I'm Number One! The only thing I'm making for a Christmas present is the baby jacket. I admire people with bigger goals than that. (Okay, I did make some pillows...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on learning the knit & purl!

    And great job getting started on your Christmas presents... you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished my shades of blue felted purse and an working on socks. I love looking at what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have that very same Wool Ease in Blue, I got it last weekend for this whale toy I want to make haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, thank you! I think part of my big idea to make Christmas presents was the money situation right now. Also, it was a great excuse to buy a LOT of yarn (which in the end is still cheaper than buying gifts at the store).

    Stacey, thank you! I am so beyond excited just to know K & P and make a swatch. I can't wait to actually make something!

    CloseAcademy, Glad you're enjoying WIPW!

    Alea, that's so funny! Is your colorway, "Denim"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. November is disappearing waaay too fast for my liking and the amount of Christmas knitting I've still got to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah... A WIP Wednesday. I've been doing WIP anyway but playing along on the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

    Will definitely be doing this again.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still early in November! I bet you can get the gifts done. I still haven't learned to crochet yet, so I am impressed that you will know how to do both knitting and crochet now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. elephantJuice, seriously, wasn't it just Halloween? How is it the 10th already?

    Emma, perfect and welcome to your first WIPW! We're always looking for new blood. ;)

    Affiknitty, thank you! I hope you're right. I feel buried in yarn and words right now. I'm a little behind on my writing, so I'm having to do that before I get to the hook (and needles).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just checked and it is Denim! How do you like Wool Ease, I used it for one amigurumi awhile ago but I feel like i always forget about this yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The holiday crafts, makes you sympathetic to those little elves at the North Pole.

    I'll have the furkids cross their paws for all of us. I don't think I'm talented enough to cross my fingers and do my knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alea, it's okay. It's weird, it feels thinner than worsted when crocheting with it. Do you agree?

    LOL, thanks Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No worries until we get down to 1 week before Christmas! For now, try to enjoy the process. I'm sure it will all get done. Keep on knitting, your doing great! Just think, next year you can add knitted gifts to your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, autumngeisha. That makes me feel a little better. I start getting nervous when people count down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in total denial about how close Christmas is in terms of knitting time.

    Good job with your new knitting craft -- it gets easier, I promise. If you can do the knit stitch and the purl stitch, you can do just about anything -- it's all based on that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Marushka. You items are always so beauitful! I hope I can get up to that skill level soon with lots and lots of practice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't be so hard on yourself, woman! From what I can see, you're kicking November's butt. :) Also, super excited to see that crocheted puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Paula! I've been waiting for you to post your link all day so that we can see Mr. Right's sweater and then there isn't a picture yet! Guess we'll have to wait until next Friday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry! But it's not really a WIP anymore (Yay!!!), and posting a pic now would steal some FO Friday thunder. ;) I'm emailing you about the frogging question -- stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that's fine! I figured you wouldn't have it up, I was just HOPING. ;) Thanks for the email, reading it now. :)

    ReplyDelete