Friday, December 10, 2010

FO Friday 13

First off, you may have noticed it on the sidebar this week (or above in this post), Stacey was kind enough to make us a FO Friday button as well! Please be sure to thank her when you get the chance. Just like the WIPW one, please feel free to use it on your sidebar or posts.

Friday is upon us and I think for the first time I have more than one FO (though very small). Exciting! I hope that in the next few weeks, each FO Friday will have a few items to share because that will mean that I finished, or at least got close to finishing my Christmas crochet/knitting.



Here's what I have to share!



We got our Christmas tree on Saturday. I am so excited because I think this is the best tree I've ever had. It's so rich, full and it smells amazing. I thought I would share a picture of the whole tree as well, just for fun. Since we got the tree, I wanted to make a little something for it. The pattern I think calls for acrylic, but I decided to use cotton since it would be next to warm lights and I didn't want any melting action to happen. I think the shape would have been better in acrylic, but oh well. I still think it's really cute. He's happy hanging there with the rest of our ornaments.

Materials used:

5.00 mm (H) hook
Lily Sugar'n Cream (yellow)
Yarn needle



And on to the FO I am most proud of, or at least since the Owl Bag. This washcloth (Dragonfly Washcloth) is the first thing I have officially knitted!!! I'm really happy with how tight my stitches are, as well as even. The needles I used (Knit Picks Harmony needles) were heaven. I want a whole set of them! They made knitting so much easier than my other needles when I was doing my first swatch or when I attempted the scarf using Clover ones. I'm not exactly sure what to do with it now, but it's awesome. Since it's my first ever knitted item, I feel weird using it. LOL Anyway, I'm proud of it to say the least. I know to all of you who knit sweaters, it's probably silly, but there you go. :)


Materials used:

Size 7 needles (Knit Picks Harmony interchangeable)
Lily Sugar'n Cream (Denim)
Yarn needle

I took two pictures, one of each side. I wanted to show the double-sided awesomeness of it.




Share your FOs!


16 comments:

  1. The washcloth is amazing. For someone not comfortable with knitting, you have done a great job on it. The star is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree, and loving the little knitted star ornament - so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the tree, ornament, and the washcloth! I finally finished something, the first time in ions, but I didn't download my camera so no pictures to share. Maybe tonight after work, if I have the energy, but I somehow doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting and the button, and a bit thank you to the button designer, I have only just worked out how to use blog button, very exciting.
    The washcloth is great, love the pattern and fantastic knitting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craftycripple, thank you!!!! The star isn't as cute as I hoped it to be, but it only took me about five minutes to make. Can't complain. LOL

    Natalie, thank you. :) I can't stop staring at the tree! Though, weirdly it sometimes smells like celery.

    Anastacia, if you have the time/energy, we'd love to see it!

    Halfpint, you're welcome! Stacey (commenting below you) is the button designer. :) Thanks on the knitting comments. I just love the pattern too. I want to make a few of them in different colors.

    Stacey, thank you! He's a little lopsided but he's happy on the tree. Thanks again for the FO Friday blog button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be proud! I definitely want to make that washcloth. I'm glad you found needles that you like. It makes a difference to have good tools. Your tree with it's handmade star is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you mean about not wanting to use your washcloth! I'm like that too, I'm scared to wear my socks lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Affiknitty, thank you! It does make a HUGE difference! I love my Christmas tree. :)

    Alea, yeah, we're so lame. It's like me not wanting to use my nice yarn, too. What is the point? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tami! I have been following the FO Friday thread on Ravelry and only just figured out that part of the fun was linking at your site... oops! Anyway, your tree looks great-- very cute star! And congratulation on your first finished knit... I have yet to pick up the hook myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is just perfect. The ornament is very cute. You did a great job on your dish cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw super kawaii star on a super pretty tree :)

    I loved knitting wash cloths. They were fun to experiment with stitches and you could make fun stuff on them. Your dragonfly is pretty. I'd definitely put it in your bathroom next to your sink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aimee, welcome! Thanks for participating. You should also check out Work in Progress Wednesday. We do the same thing, with the Mr Linky so that everyone can share their links.

    Denise, thank you!

    mutantsupermodel, thanks. :) Totally fun! People who don't craft don't understand how fun the simple things can be like washcloths/dishcloths and socks. You should have seen my mom's face when we were visiting for Thanksgiving when I told her I was making a washcloth. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on your first knitted FO! Your tree looks awesome. Love the cute little star ornament, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your washcloth is beautiful -- doesn't it feel great to make something with a new technique?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathleen, thank you! I had a great time making the dishcloth! The star was quick, easy and fun! You should make one!

    Autumngeisha, thank you!

    Marushka, it feels amazing! It makes me want to knit every minute of the day. LOL

    ReplyDelete