Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 20


Wow, WIPW 20, huh? I seem to say this every week, but I can't believe we've done that many of these things.

So, I'm back from the living dead. Seriously, it's like I could have been an extra on The Walking Dead. My week started not how I would have expected, or wanted, with a trip to the ER. Yeah, not cool. I had pneumonia about 3 1/2 years ago, so I was afraid that my sickness was turning into it once more. I guess once you have a certain kind of pneumonia, it makes a pretty high chance you'll get it again. Umm, YAY? Yeah, probably not. Anyway, I was up at 1:30 AM on Sunday night/Monday morning and come sunrise, I knew that I would be making a trip to the doctor. My primary physician couldn't see me until 2:45 so I knew that that only meant one thing. I was on my way to the ER. Luckily, after an IV, urine sample, breathing treatment and x-rays, I'm happy to report I DON'T have pneumonia again. YAY for real this time! Instead, I have a bad bronchial infection that also did not play kindly with my asthma. Once we picked up my prescribed meds and I got almost a full night's sleep, I'm on the mend. I actually feel HUMAN again and am going to try and venture outside today. I haven't been outside (not counting the ER) since the Sunday before last. Needless to say, I'm feeling a little cramped at home.


Luckily, the weather is perfect for being house-bound. It hasn't stopped raining since Friday and in the last 24 hours has been a downpour. My pour plants are overflowing, being being able to drain fast enough. Check out the above picture at the disaster that is my back patio right now. See all the standing water in the orange tree to the left and the pond in the background is being pelted so hard, it's white? Crazy.

Lastly, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who wished me well. I was finally able to sit down and look at all of your wonderful WIPW and FOF posts from last week. Amazing work!

Ok, back to craftiness. Sorry for all my rambling. Not blogging (or really talking to anyone) for a few days has me chatty. As you can imagine, I haven't gotten much crafting done unfortunately. I did however finish an amigurumi this weekend for a Christmas present for my littlest niece. I won't share it with you since I finished it (in a night!), so it will have to wait until FO Friday!

Also waiting for FO Friday is the bar cloth I made for Christmas. I hope to finish it today, so I figured I wouldn't share it again until it was complete.

Now for what I am working on at the moment!


As you may remember, I made my MiL this dog amigurumi to represent hers that passed away this year. She also had another dog pass away (the problem with having pets that are the same age), a Corgi like mine. :) I wanted to make both for her, so I just started the corgi. I was going to make the pattern myself, but since I am not feel up to it, I decided to just go ahead and buy it. This is actually the first pattern I've ever bought (other than books and magazines of course), but I've heard great things about PlanetJune's stuff and it is for a gift! Here (Rav link) is what I'm making. So far, in the picture above, it's just the top of the head. Luckily, I won't be sending this out before Christmas (as originally planned) so I have a little more time on it.

If you're like me and trying to quickly finish gifts, I know you can do it! Good luck!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've not been well but I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally linked before I posted! Mine will be up later... glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really miserable yucky illness. I hope you get better soon. The rain looks extraordinary. We have about 3 inches of snow, and more falling. Such is life in old blighty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's terrible to have such a scare before the holidays! You have an orange tree and a pond... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Northern Monkey, thank you! :) It's nice to feel a little better.

    Aimee, no problem and thank you!

    CrazyCripple, yes, it is/was yucky! We're supposed to get 2 more inches of rain just this morning through afternoon!

    Pentalia, I do have an orange tree and a pond! A lemon tree too. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm in awe that you have been consistently posting WIPWs, unlike slackers like me that only occasionally post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks Joycers! I have a duty to fulfill! I can't let you guys down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that you're feeling better. The corgi pattern is so cute and I'm sure your mom will appreciate it. Good luck with what's left of your gift knitting. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, girl. When you get sick you really do it up. I'm all for over-achieving, but maybe you should limit it to yarn-related activities. Glad you're on the mend and hope you're all better in time to enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dina, I've been trying to comment on your blog, but it seems to be broken. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew! I made it in time. I posted hours ago but forgot to come here and link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to tell you, my news was covering your rain yesterday! I'm so glad you are recovering and able to get a few presents done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY, glad you were able to fit it in BeadKnitter!

    Thanks, Dina! I wish I was able to comment on your blog! I'm not sure why it's not allowing it.

    Alea, wow! I can't believe the rain hit your news. It's been pretty epic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I weirdly just saw your comment, Paula! It made me laugh. I do try to overachieve, even when it comes to sickness. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete