Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 21

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I'm actually writing this last week, since I knew I wouldn't be able to post it this week, so I actually haven't had Christmas yet. LOL, I'm sure it was great. I'll share what I got when I'm back home and have time to blog. :)

This will be short, but I wanted to share something with you. By now, I hope these are finished, but since you wouldn't have been able to see them in their WIP state, I thought I would share.



The colors of both pictures are going to kind of suck. Today is the first day it hasn't rained in a week, but the sun still doesn't want to come out. Anyway, this is a pretty green Sage. My husband is HUGE into tiki, so when I saw this pattern, I knew I had to plop down the money to get the pattern. I hoped to finish it by Christmas, but that probably didn't happen. Anyway, at least I have a start and will be giving it to him in whatever state it is in before completing it. It will go as a set along with the daiquiri one I made. If anyone knows of any other tiki themed knitting or crochet patterns out there, let me know. There aren't that many on Ravelry.



This was a skein of cotton I ordered during Cyber Monday from Joann's. I had no clue what it would look like, but in the picture it looked fun and I was right! I wasn't going to start anything new, but I wanted to knit the other night (actually it was last week) and my husband was home so I couldn't work on the tiki bar cloth. This is the pattern I'm using. It's easy, yet I learned something new, so that's cool. I have no clue what I'll do with it after, probably use it in the kitchen. This is the first project I've used with the nickel plated needles from my Knit Pick's try me pack. I like them, but not a huge fan of how slippery they are. I think, after trying all three of their needles, the Harmony wood ones win out. Each one has a good quality, but I think across the board, the Harmonys have decent slide, grip and have nice points to them.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


9 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!! I'm first!! Tami, you're making me reach for the Knit Picks catalog - that comes in, and I ooh and aah and talk myself out of its treasures. Maybe I should reconsider...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've picked up knitting so fast! That multicoloured yarn looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that bamboo-like texture would even look great in a whole sweater.
    Your husband will appreciate it whether or not if was finished in time for Christmas. (I'm still working on my husband's Christmas sweater!)
    Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are knitting up a storm now! Good for you -- the more you practice a new skill, the easier it gets, right?

    I have the Harmony interchangeable set and I love them. They have the pointy tips needed for lace and are smooth without being slippery so I spend less time chasing the yarn around. I do like the nickel tips though for yarns that aren't slippery -- I can't tell much of a difference between them and the more expensive Addi needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun patterns! I'm sure that your husband will love the tiki inspired one. I love the colors of the multi yarn, too. Here's a free pattern for a palm tree dishcloth on ravelry: www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/palm-tree-dishcloth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! Hope Christmas was lovely, and that you're having a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Looking forward to seeing your finished knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, be careful, Knit Picks is dangerous, especially since it's $50 to free shipping. LOL

    Kezz, thank you! I'm having a blast with knitting!

    Kathleen, thank you. Isn't that pattern great!? I didn't finish in time unfortunately, but he loved it anyway. It gave me something to work on during our car trip and finished it just at the end. I'll be sharing it on the upcoming FO Friday.

    Miriam, thank you!

    Shannon, thanks! You're right, he did totally appreciate it even though it wasn't finished! I hope you were able to finish his sweater!

    Marushka, I am knitting up a storm. Each project it seems to come a little more natural to me. Great to hear you like the Harmony set. I think I'm going to pick them up when I have the money, which totally isn't right now. LOL

    Autumngeisha, thank you for the link! That's perfect to go with his bamboo one. Now he'll have a whole set.

    Paula, thanks. I hope you had a great holiday as well.

    Denise, thanks. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete