Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 110

Happy Wednesday! It is Wednesday, right? At least we talked, it was Friday and I happily mentioned that we would be looking at houses on Saturday. Remember that small mention? Well, here we sit just 5 days later and not only did we find the house of our dreams, we are officially in escrow TODAY! How is that for whirlwind!!?? Once all the inspections are finished and we get closer to the close date (it's only a 30 day escrow so hang on to your hats) I'll let you know more about it with maybe some pictures! Again, don't want to jinx it just yet. I will say, Candy Skein is moving up in the world with the new house! Major details on that soon. Trust me,

I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of WIPW and FO Fridays sans fiber in the next few weeks (maybe a month or two) and I apologize in advance. That doesn't mean you won't get awesome/interesting pictures though, I promise! There is exciting things afoot here that will be about a Candy Skein studio and even a yarn room!

Did I mention the escrow is only 30 days and that the day we close is the DAY BEFORE A FIBER SHOW I HAVE A BOOTH AT????? Umm, yeah. How's THAT for timing!!??

Enough of that insanity, onto WIPW!!!!




I don't have too much to share today, as you can see, but I think I do have a good excuse. Last night (well, okay, I won't lie. I'm writing this on Tuesday night obviously, so really tonight) I finished the pattern and started the toe of this sock. I'm sure by the time you read this, I will have finished it! I think I'm going to quickly start the second sock, so I don't lose momentum. My original plan was to have both done by Friday, but obviously that won't happen. I will happily share this finished sock with you on Friday though, and will count it toward my FO Friday streak if you don't think that's cheating. It will be 4 weeks in a row with some kind of object finished!

Just to remind you, this is the Devil Snare sock.

That's it for me today! Hope you have a great day and an awesome rest of the week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!






23 comments:

  1. The sock is lovely and grand and hoooooray for houses. We, too, were house hunting this weekend though we're going to have to hang out until one of my properties in Wisconsin sells (preferably both of them). It gave our realtor an idea of what we're looking for, what size we're looking for, price range, area, etc.

    We found a few we liked but with a 15-day turnaround (yes, the SF Bay Area is that quick), it's kind of a pipe dream :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the house! I've just started looking and it is stressful!!

    you are sock obsessed! I don't see myself as a sock knitter, though I haven't yet tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I like knitting socks, but I've yet to finish one. I fear the day myself and my love start looking for houses, it's just such an intimidating task!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the house! Big changes, so exciting! Can't wait to see some pictures. Good luck with all the chaos, you'll manage though. Just knit sometimes to keep the mind calm ;-).

    Lovely sock, it looks really delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting another WIP! I don't have much to share this week, either. But keep joining the WIP keeps my motivation and passion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous colorway on that yarn, and the pattern is lovely too. Can't wait for house pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?? How did that happen so fast! Good luck with the house and that yarn is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the house! Your sock looks great. I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GM, Tami,

    I am new to blogland and wish to join WIP...though I only have one pic for now...I do have a few FO'S for Friday though...and I hope to have another WIP...either later this week, or for next...had to replace my needle tips and cables for my current WIP...so it needs transferring to new when I receive...want a photo thats current and in working state...I am glad I stopped by today and have learned of your great fortune...I do hope you close successfully and on time...I also hope your booth day is most enjoyable from good meets and greets as well as a profit success for you...I am checking out your site today as well...Your blog is new to me, as are a lot of others but I am glad to be here...and the green of that sock is absolutely stunning....love it! Thanks for allowing me to participate in WIP AND FO...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the house!!!! That is great news. And, those socks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty green. I like the pattern too! Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the new house! Can't wait to see what your yarn room looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats and good luck on the whole process. It can be done in thirty days. Sending you lots of positive energy and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect color for that sock! Congrats on the new house! Cannot wait to hear/see more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the house. How exciting! The socks are fabulous. I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ho'omaka'i on getting into escrow! Wow that was lightning fast. It's all about good karma :O).
    I think the sock and the pattern go very well together. What a poppin' green.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS on finding a house!!! That's fantastic!! This is always the way my life goes, too...of COURSE you're going to be closing the day before you have a big show!! It'll all work out, I'm sure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the house purchase!!! Woohooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the house!! Nice color for the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your new house! That's major! The sock progress looks wonderful. I bet you can pull-off having the pair ready for Friday. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I´m new here but I think it look fun to share what you´re working on so, here I´m. Lovely socks you are knitting! I downloaded the pattern and think that could be a good next project!
    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the house!

    The only way I can fight sock fatigue is to alternate. It sounds like a pain, but it helps ... I knit one to the gusset, then set it aside and start the other. I put the first one on holders or spare yarn. That way I don't have a *whole* sock to do after finishing one!

    ReplyDelete