Friday, October 22, 2010

FO Friday 6

Happy Friday! The weeks keep flying by! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

You may remember, if you were visiting my blog back then, that I shared bits and pieces of a giraffe for WIPW 1. I have yet to show the finished product, and decided now was the time. Originally I made it for a friend of mine who just had a baby. I now feel like too much time has gone by for it to be a baby gift, so I think I'm going to keep it until Christmas and gift it then. I will either send it to said friend, or to my step-sister's baby boy, Hudson.

Below is the picture from WIPW 1.



Materials used:

3.75 mm (F) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (body- Bright Yellow), spots- Light Blue)
Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn (mane/horns/tail hair- Navy)
Yarn needle
Thread
Poly Fluff stuffing

And the finished product:


Share your FO projects!


14 comments:

  1. He turned out so good! Your amigurumi always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, everyone! I'm pretty happy with him. I was afraid to do the eye as I've never embroidered them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an absolutely adorable giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your giraffe. It is so adorable and I know someone who would love one. Maybe I'll get round to making one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joycers!

    CraftyCripple, it's VERY easy. As I mentioned, it only took a little over a day to make all the parts. I was just lazy and only recently got around to putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Denise! Weirdly, my favorite part of his is the tail! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG... that's the cutest amigurumi I've ever seen!! And I don't usually like amigurumi. I'm going to have to go back in your blog, here, and see your others.

    The eyes turned out great. When I knitted a toy rabbit a few years ago, the embroidery was the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did a great job finishing. I really like his spots. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. pentalia, thank you! I started crocheting to learn amigurumi! Only recently have I branched out. :)

    Affiknitty, thank you! It was hard to decide where to put the spots that didn't look odd, or like boobs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I love the tail and the horns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vinita, thank you! Those are my favorite parts, too.

    ReplyDelete