Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 11

It's that time again! WIPW 11. Crazy, I know. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of time to crochet this past week because one of my kitties (Roxy shown here in FO Friday) is still sick. All she wants to do is be held, and is not happy when I'm doing anything else. I can't resist her cute little face, even when she's sneezing all over me. It also doesn't help I spent most of Sunday dyeing the yarn I shared here.

Before I get into my projects, on a separate note, I will be updating my Flash Your Stash post next Thursday, October 28th. I wanted to give everyone ample warning! Please join in if you have the time! It's ongoing, so each month I post the same Mr Linky with my updated pictures. Feel free to do the same! It's always fun to see everyone's yarn, even if still in boxes and tubs!

I apologize for the flash on the pictures, but we never saw the sun yesterday in San Diego or since Saturday for that matter.



Last week, in WIPW 10, I shared the start of my sock. I've done quite a bit on it, but had to frog the heel because I didn't realize there was a slight error in the pattern until I finished that portion of it. The heel ended up on the side of the sock, not the bottom. That could be a slight issue. LOL Anyway, after frogging the heel the first time, I had to figure out how it's really supposed to look. At least I'll know of the issue for the second one! I'm in love with it so far, so I'm excited to start on the second one soon...at least once I finish the first!



My ice cream blanket has been neglected for a little while, so I decided to pick it back up and keep trucking on it. I can't wait for it to be finished, especially since we've had cold and rainy weather. I think once I finish both projects, I'll be able to concentrate on what I need to get done for Christmas.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


18 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your cat! I know what it's like to have a sick cat, and I feel for you! And good job on your dyeing! I love your finished product. Love the socks your working on too, colors are great. Now I must say I messed up Mr. Linky. I posted last weeks WIPW first. OOPS!! Can you fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sock yarn you have used. They look like they are going to be good socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to do some crochet socks. I bought some yarn, but I don't think I have the skills for it yet. Can't wait to see your finished sock(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! There's a little birthday cake on the corner of your ravatar today -- so I dropped by to out you on your blog... Happy Birthday, Tami!!! Hope it's a great one. :)

    I'll be back later with my measly WIPW progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking socks! I hope your kitty is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. suddenexpressions, thanks! No problem, I just deleted the first one, so you should be right as rain.

    Crafty Cripple, thank you! I love it too. It's actually fine weight instead of fingering so they are a little thicker than normal socks. I have to run out and get more because I think it will take about 2 1/2 skeins and I only have 2. The bad thing is, I have two different dye lots, so hopefully I can find one of the same. LOL

    Kezz, it's not too hard. The heel was giving me trouble as I mentioned. It looked great...if it had bee in the right place! LOL The rest of it was just a start chain, in the round and a few increases!

    HA! Thanks Paula! I didn't realize Ravelry did that!!

    elephantJuice, thank you on both accounts. She has meds now, so hopefully she'll get better soon. The only problem is, now our other cat has caught it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ice Cream blanket is looking yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beadknitter, thanks! I so want to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your finished sock! And your blanket is coming along! I haven't worked on mine in a LOOOOONG time!

    And happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Alea! We need to seriously sit down and concentrate on our blankets or we'll never get them done! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your cat feels better soon!
    I like your socks, and I loved seeing your dyed yarn pics in your last post.
    Thanks for hosting WIPW!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you kitty is feeling better. Poor kitty.

    The heel on the side of the foot, save that pattern in case you ever have to knit for someone with a clubfoot. Their feet get cold too.

    Sorry, but I refuse to document any more of my insanity than I already do by photo documenting my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shannon, thank you! And you're welcome. :)

    Denise, LOLOLOLOL, that's hilarious! But that's what's fun, to SHARE in the insanity. I think my stash doubles with every Flash Your Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little birdie told me it was your bday, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thanks Vinita. It was my birthday! I had a nice day and my husband bought me yarn, a crochet book and buttons, despite already getting me a present earlier! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is the ice cream blanket pattern on ravelry by any chance, I thought I saw something similar on there a while ago and now I can't find it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kezz, it's based from the pattern by Lucy at Attic24. Here is the link to her pattern called The Granny Stripe blanket: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-stripe.html

    ReplyDelete