Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 59


Hi everyone! Happy WIPW and a HUGE happy birthday to my mom!!! I hope everyone is having a great week and had a lovely weekend. We have a great time at Disneyland and it was much needed. I feel like I've been doing non-stop recently, which sadly doesn't lead to much knitting time and which also leads to not much to share for WIPW. :(



You may remember this hat from last week. I'm using this pattern, which is so easy and fun. It makes the hat reversible (which is awesome) and funny enough, I like the inside better than the outside. Here's the outside shown above. I don't have too much to do left. I'm going to add one more row of the pattern and then start the 8 row decrease. The pattern is for a slouchy hat, but I didn't really want it slouchy, so I didn't go up the needle size for the lace pattern part, and I'm going to stop before it gets too big at top. So far, so good. For those who missed it last week, I'm using Candy Skein Ripening Tonal in Blackberry, which will be on sale soon.


That's it, you ask? Well, yeah, sad isn't it? I only get to knit at knitting night to be honest. The rest of the time is doing this:



That is a HUGE tub of Candy Skein yarn in all different weights and fibers. The ones on the top not in bags need to still be tagged. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to get a new tub, as this one is almost full. I have 17 (yes 17) more skeins that are in the process of being re-skeined and 8 drying right now. I won't even tell you how much I still have to dye between now and the Vista Fiber Fiesta, or maybe I don't want to know! I've been averaging about 10 skeins a day though (as far as the dyeing is concerned) so that's the good news! I'll try and take some better pics this week of some of the fun new skeins!

That's it for me today. What are you working on?


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



37 comments:

  1. All that yarn looks absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

    Big birthday wishes to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat looks great. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your mom :)
    Beautiful yarn! I'm looking forward to get my skein I ordered a few days ago :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're like some sort of dyeing machine! Look at all that fabulous yarn!

    Sounds like you need more hours in the day. Hopefully once you're done with the Vista Fiber Fiesta you'll find more time to knit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that bucket of yarn looks so inviting - I just want to dig in and squish it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous yarn Tami! Glad to hear you had a great time at Disney! Happy birthday to your mum too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nom nom loving all that yarn!!! happy birthday to your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that hat pattern. Your yarns look great. Yes, I need to get ready for my next festival. Tagging is the worst part of the creative process for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the colorway for your hat!!! You have been busy! Where is the Fiber Fiesta at?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your mom!!!! Loving the dyed stash; best to you sales-wise at the fiber fest and I can't wait for that Blackberry tonal to go on sale!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blackberry colorway is just luscious, Tami; I can't wait to see how your hat finishes out with all of the little nuggets of richness floating through the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh La La that yarn is gorgeous! The hat looks great too.
    Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your mom!!! The hat looks great - I love the color and the texture of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oo that is a pretty patter for the hat and I like the color. Your candy skein tub is so fun and whimsical

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a very pretty hat! What is the pattern?

    Look at all the gorgeous yarn! You're going to be very popular at the Fiber Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous yarn and hat! I'm so jealous of your trip to Disneyland, I haven't been for years!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The more I see of that blackberry yarn, the more I love it! The hat looks fab, and I have this really strong urge to dive into your bin. Don't kid yourself woman -- that's a whole lotta WIP! I hope you sell out of all of it at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to dive into that big tub of yarn! So soft and smooshy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think needing a new tub is a very good sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! 10 skeins a day? I get sick of dyeing after 2 or 3....then again maybe that's because i get sick of not-perfect results. It must be awesome to be you, and dye amazing skeins each time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I almost passed out from the yarn fumes just looking at that picture! (In a good way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its coming along great, again I really love that wool as it is such a lovely colour!

    And happy birthday to your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the stitch pattern on the hat! It looks like the yarn is keeping you busy. The colors look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the lace on the hat... Might need to add that pattern to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday! Eat lots of cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your hat is looking beautiful! My WIP post today is the start of a Gypsy Turban test-knit in your worsted Milk Chocolate yarn. It came this morning... yay! Calling all testers--want to test the new, improved Gypsy Turban pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to your Mum. Love the hat colour, I'm looking for some grey yarn at the moment, interesting to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The hat looks great. Love the lace pattern. Beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love that yarn knitted up in your hat - it looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Holy Smokes! How do you find time to get anything done!?!?! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the shared WIP Wednesday links! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is, by far, my fave of your colours yet! I can't believe you are doing 10 a day!!! insane!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was looking at that picture thinking, I KNOW that hat--yes, it is the intuitive hat I made a couple of weeks ago. I agree to leave the slouch out, it makes a wonderful and warm hat without it. I love the yarn you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your hat is looking gorgeous. That bin of yarn is making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful hat and love the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete