Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 60


Soooo, I'm still sick. I'm feeling better, but STILLL SICK. Tonight (Tuesday night), I left the house for the first time since Thursday afternoon pretty much. I needed some human contact from the outside world, so we went to In N Out (an amazing burger joint here in CA for those who don't know). That all being said, I hadn't touched yarn since Wednesday night until today. Insane, right? I'm lucky to have an awesome husband who even reskeined a ball of yarn for me and shipped out two packages. I didn't want to touch any of the Candy Skein yarn while sick. Unfortunately that means I'm SERIOUSLY behind for the upcoming show (Vista Fiber Fiesta, October 8-9). I was able to dye about 6 skeins today.

Even more unfortunate, I don't have a normal WIP. I haven't knit since Wednesday afternoon. I just haven't felt well enough (this weekend was BAD BAD BAD...that's right. I had to miss Vogue Knitting Live.) So, what will I share today? It's a WIP in some sense!




Yes, that is a pile of Candy Skein yarn needing to be re-skeined (sorry for the terrible picture. It is 10pm and it's dark so I had to put some lighting on it which in turn just made it look weird and spooky. LOL). Sadly, that's not all that needs to be re-skeined right now. There's 4 more waiting to be put into cakes, and 6 more drying and a LOT more to dye. Umm...yeah, I have my work cut out for me. LOL

That's all for me today sadly. What are you working on?

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


34 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten that much to share this week either, though I can't use my illness as an excuse (since after two weeks, I'm FINALLY almost 100% again).

    I'm sorry to hear you're still sick -- and that you didn't get to go to Vogue LA. I didn't either. Still really looking forward to the Vista show! I sure hope you're better by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're sick, hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure In N Out will help you recover--I loved that place when I lived in CA. I was excited to see on in AZ when I visited my parents last. Take care and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I really love your colours!! :) Hope you get back into creativity again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda like the spookiness of the photo ;)

    Hope you feel lots better soon, and kudos to you not touching the Candy Skein yarn while sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Tami, hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.
    Gorgeous colour yarn cakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're still ill. :( Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you're still sick! Hope your better really really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no to missing VKL! (How can I live vicariously through your experience if you didn't go?) And yay to feeling better and emerging from the house. It's almost October, so spooky pictures are very seasonal right now :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you're still sick! I hope you feel better.
    Your yarn is lovely! I hope you can squeeze enough time to get everything done before the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rather like the photo...the shadows really make the colors pop. Hope you are felling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Tami -- I hope you feel better quickly. If you want to come to Vogue Knitting Live in NYC in January, you're welcome to come hang out with me.

    Good luck catching up on the dyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear. Feel better soon! The yarn looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling better! I always know that I am sick and not just tired if I am too tired to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those yarn cakes look gorgeous - not sad and spooky at all! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your yarn is always beautiful. Take care of yourself and get some rest! The knitting will be there when you're ready for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The yarn is so beautiful!!! I'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope the worst is over and you are now on the mend. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this- it is my first WIP Wednesday and has totally brightned up my day :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you feel better soon! I know how hard it is to get things done when you're not feeling well.

    On a good note, that yarn you have is really pretty :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. goodness you must be ill if you've not knitted since last week. Sending you warm thoughts for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear i hope you're feeling fully better soon!! Also I have seen In and Out burgers on CSI :-D thats it really :-P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you start to feel better soon! The yarn looks amazing. I can't wait for Vista!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh gosh, you're not supposed to still be sick! I do hope you are about to be back in good health. But don't work too hard right now. You can have samples at the show and take orders or something... maybe sell the samples to be picked up at the end of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Feel better soon! Your yarn looks so pretty sitting there in neat little stacks. : ) The colors are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hugs to you... if I lived closer I'd don a mask and come wind cakes for you. Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hugs to you... if I lived closer I'd don a mask and come wind cakes for you. Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love the picture you have of your yarn though. I don't think it looks creepy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sorry you're ill. Hope you're better today and continue to get better

    ReplyDelete