Friday, January 6, 2012

FO Friday 68


YAY, it's Friday! I've been working hard this week, dyeing yarn, re-skeining and making minis, as well as getting the house back together after the holidays. Since we bought our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, we just got rid of it last night, so of course cleaning was in order. It's amazing how many pine needles a dry Christmas tree can leave as a trail.

We have a fun weekend in store, as we're going to the LA Kings hockey game Saturday afternoon, and then we have a Groupon to Trader Vic's across from Staples Center, where the Kings play. It should be a fun weekend, as it's our first game of the season. We're also going to get a chance to spend time with my parents. We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so that will be exciting.

Anyway, now onto what you came here for (I'm sure it wasn't to read about my dry Christmas tree or my weekend plans! LOL). I have another FO to share, but I apologize because it's more socks! I feel like that's all I'm sharing with you, along with a few months in the past few months. There will be more socks to come, too!

I used Candy Skein Yummy in Robin Egg Malt Ball. The pictures are a little dark below, but this pattern looks great in this color. Speaking of the pattern, I made the Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran. I wasn't so sure about the pattern as I made them, as they look a little odd not stretched out on feet, but I LOVE them on. They look like little vines, but it's a super easy pattern of just knits and purls! I highly recommend it. Another part of what I enjoyed about the socks is the heel. It's not your traditional heel flap, but the pattern on the leg carries down into the heel flap before the heel turn transitions into stockinette. You can see in one of the pictures below.



Share your FOs!




37 comments:

  1. Another of your yummy yarns - I like them so much! The color combo of light yellowish green to blue is so beautiful. And your socks look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love the yarn, I love the socks. What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous - perfect colour for the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great socks. They look so pretty, but not over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like that colorway. You make me want to learn to make socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, love the 2 foot photo, its the emerald socks of the wicked witch pose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've become quite the sock knitter. It's amazing how you can be inspired especially when it's your own yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the socks. I still haven't finished my first pair, which I must have started over a year ago! Maybe knitting socks just isn't for me. Or you never know, maybe 2012 is the year of the knitted socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful socks and I love the color! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous socks Tami and I love the heel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right -- they do look amazing in that yarn! I love mine so much I'm considering a second pair. Have a blast at the game this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadly, I don't have a FO Friday to share this week but I did want to say that it's okay to tell us about the trail of pine needles and the things you do outside of fibery goodness. Seriously, we don't mind and it makes you see more.......real. I was going to say, "human" but then it makes you sound like you're some weird robot that happens to knit and while that would be fabulous, it just doesn't make sense.

    So, in short, it's okay to share things outside of fiber. We don't mind. We'll still come back. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those are gorgeous! I may have to try those and the yarn is very lovely! And I'm okay with the sharing of socks...I know you mentioned the whole crochet vs knitting thing the other day..I learned to knit this summer, mainly for socks..I've made one pair...but have been on a crochet binge for a couple of weeks...for me, it goes back and forth...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is interesting - the way the pattern carries down the heel! Is it comfortable? Lovely colours in the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those socks!!! I bet they are a dream to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great socks!!! the yarn and the pattern went really well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those socks look awesome! Congrats on using your own beautiful colorway :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of your socks. Sounds like you are in for a great weekend. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sock pattern is definitely going into my queue for my 12 socks in 2012 goal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your socks!! Please keep sharing them - I have only made one pair of socks, but they were fun to make and I wear them almost every week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that pattern with that yarn, those are gorgeous socks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to see socks, and these are great! Ribbed patterns always look a bit odd until they are being worn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! Those are great colours. I have green socks finished today as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The socks look awesome! Love how the pattern flows down into the heel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The socks have turned out fantastic! They look lovely and warm, I really like the colour

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty socks! It's very cute the stitch pattern goes all the way down to the bottom of the heels.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love your socks - the colour is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh those socks look so warm and cozy. I'll be learning how to knit socks this year - can't wait - then I'll be sharing my sock collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the socks! They look so comfy, and the pattern is really beautiful.

    Have fun at the Kings game! I must admit, I've been a bit distracted by our new coach - he looks like he could be Robert Englund's twin!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my first time here and I am loving it already. I love the socks. It is my dream to learn to knit socks:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the socks, the colour is so beautiful. I might have a go of these this year.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your socks and the colour is really nice. Makes me really want to start mine, but I must finish my sweater first!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for hosting! I'm your newest follower, here from Crocheting the Day Away. I linked up an adorable baby blanket that I'm currently working on. :)

    Kim @ Little Rays of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete