Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 76


Hi all! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a great time with my knitting group on Saturday. We traveled to Long Beach (about an hour and a half drive) to go to the Alamitos Bay Yarn Company to see the Unique Sheep Truck Show. It was so awesome to see all of the yarn sets, as well as the gorgeous shawls made from it. I didn't want to spend too much money while I was there, so I decided not to buy any Unique Sheep, but I did buy one skein of Lorna's Lace Shepard Sock. I couldn't resist. Last time we were there, I had wanted a skein, but had spent so much money at the fiber festival we had gone to beforehand, I didn't want to splurge too much. This time, that's all I bought, but I'm super happy with my purchase. I'll take a pic of it later so you can see how pretty it is. :)


Now on to WIPW!


Sorry for the very dark/awkward picture! I just wanted to show how long it was in the back.


I haven't been working on the socks, because I am now determined to finish my Rhombi sweater. I am LOVING the way it fits. I have about another inch to do on the body, before then working a garter stitch bottom for about another inch. After, I'll move onto the sleeves and finally the collar. I can't WAIT to get it finished. Doesn't it look pretty good? For those of you who are new to WIPW since I last worked on this, I'm using Candy Skein Delicious yarn in Brain Freeze. What I love about this sweater (at least right now) is that it will be warm enough (it's REALLY warm yarn) if I wear a long sleeved shirt under it for the mild winter days, but perfect for spring and chilly summer nights.

That's it for me this week. Hopefully I'll be finished with it in the next few weeks to share on FO Friday!


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

25 comments:

  1. Your sweater is looking great. And love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking gorgeous, perfect fit. Brain Freeze is one of my favourite of your colours too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did so well not to purchase more yarn! I love the colour of your sweater, it is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tremendous self control on the yarn. Your sweater looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is coming along beautifully! The color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jumper looks fab! I'm having trouble with dark photos at the moment-I'm blaming the gloomy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it will fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I completely understand how exciting it is to get something new AND stay within your budget :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweater is coming along nicely. It must feel good to be making such good headway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweater is amazing. The fit looks great. And the colour! swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun Saturday! Isn't it fun when your enthusiasm for a project takes over! Can't wait to see your sweater done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the color of you WIP. It looks like it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Underground crafter's page seems to be black, not sure if she's been hacked, there's a virus, or she just didn't link properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of sites are going black today to protest an internet piracy act that would have huge consequences for legitimate sites. If you click anywhere on the black page, it'll take you to her site.

      Delete
  15. Uh oh. I think I may have linked twice. Sorry if I did!
    Your sweater looks like it is going to be wonderful and comfy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been to Alamitos Bay Yarn. Went there last year while visiting a friend in Huntington Beach. Lovely shops and beautiful yarns. Your yarn group sounds like mine, always up for a road trip!
    I've yet to knit a sweater with set in sleeves. Working on a pull over sweater now knit in once piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sweater, it looks the perfect weight for layering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sweater looks great! That color is so pretty, I'm glad you are getting some time to work on it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a very pretty colour, looks like everyone is doing well with WIPW :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color of the sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sweater is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete