Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 136

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week! I have some awesome news since I last talked to you. We went to an estate sale on Friday afternoon and found a Singer 403A sewing machine from around 1960. It hadn't been used in over 12 years, so I was a little nervous buying it, but I couldn't pass up the price. It even has the original cabinet! I took it into a local sewing machine repair place and they said it just needs a serious cleaning (obviously) and a little love and I get it back on Friday! I'm sooo excited, I can't wait!

I have a few new things to show you today for WIPW!

First off, I started a new cross stitch! I'm making this for my studio and the pattern is called Fair Friends. It's by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and is one of their older patterns. As you can see, I've finished the cotton candy (candy floss for those on the other side of the pond) and the corn dog. I have the caramel apple started there. I'll keep the final guy a secret until it's finished. ;)


This beautiful pattern is Variance by Lisa Mutch. Lisa is the owner of Northbound Knitting and is awesome! If you haven't checked out her simple yet sleek/elegant patterns before, please do! I'm using Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in the colorway Ruby Love. I started this last Thursday and it's going great. It's an easy pattern that is only a two row repeat and makes a simple, yet lovely long cowl.


That's it for me today! I'll show pictures of my sewing machine when I get her back at home! Have a great rest of the week everyone!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


21 comments:

  1. ah there's one more variant.. fairy floss for those of us down under ;)

    Beautiful looking cowl and gorgeous choice of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red of the cowl, it's going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yarn of the cowl to be, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour you've picked is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking projects and that cowl will look amazing in that yarn !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous color for the cowl can't wait to see when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with that cowl. The color is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see these projects turn into FOs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool about the Singer! I love the old cabinets and machines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, just found you via sustainablemum. Going to Linkup but my stuff this week is FO rather than WIP, hope you don't mind.
    Wonderful color cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cowl! I have a few of Lisa's designs in my queue, I should probably cast one on sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find on the sewing machine! Thanks for hosting; my current yarn work is a crocheted baby blanket for my first grandbaby. :) Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your Cross Stitch!
    New to the link party, but I've added my details & a link to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cowl pattern. I had it in my queue for some time now. And the yarn you picked is gorgeous.
    Thanks for hosting the party. I am a newbie, still trying to learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that shade of red. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete