Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 137

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week so far. My husband and I have had a fun and busy week so far! We've done a few things to the house we've been wanting to since buying it, caught up with some friends, did some shopping and today we're going to Downtown Disney!



First off, before I get into WIPW, I wanted to let you all know about my Easter /Passover sale at candyskein.com! I'm offering 15% off now through March 31st. Just enter code EASTERSALE at the time of checkout.

Also, don't forget that Holly (Sillylittlelady) and I have a KAL starting on April 15th! For full details, please visit this post.



Now to WIPW!




I have something new to share with you today! I got the sweater itch the other day, so I cast on Jane Richmond's Ladies Classic Raglan Pullover. I wanted something mindless to work on, and a pullover (which I have yet to make) that I could just throw on with anything and go. I'm using Candy Skein Yummy Worsted in a new colorway (though a slightly lighter version of it), Watermelon! I am so excited about this project. I have two more rows before I cast on a few more stitches for the front of the neck and join! I have to say, I'm also very excited because this might be the first project I got gauge using the correct needles (both row AND stitch) the first time! Remember how tight I used to knit!?! So exciting!

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a great rest of the week. I'll see you back here Friday where I show you my Variance finished (or at least blocking)!






For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



26 comments:

  1. Love the colour. I'm definitely in on the kal. cant wait to start :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! I haven't made the shawl yet myself!

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of the yarn you are using, its very fruity looking :) I sometimes wish I could knit things better than a scarf :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you practiced you could totally make more than a scarf! As long as you know knit and purl you can make anything!

      Delete
  3. Great color, watermelon is the perfect name for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The actually colorway it a little more magenta but I thought this lighter version would suit me better.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm making little Easter surprises today. Bunny number one has stripes of Candy Skein's First birthday colourway in her top. Can I just say once again how I LOVE that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern, you can't beat a classic pullover for an easy casual look........gorgeous shade of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think everyone needs a simple pullover in their wardrobe.

      Delete
  6. I've always loved the way a raglan fit, lays so nicely. Love the color you've chosen, must check out the pattern...if and when I ever seem to have time to make something for mawah...someday maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think raglan is the best fit, at least for me! I love how easy it is as well.

      Delete
  7. It's a great pattern - I wear mine all the time! That's a really spring-y colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know!! I had yet to talk to someone who has made it! I love the way she writes her patterns!

      Delete
  8. It has been a long time since I knit a raglan sweater. I love the color you chose, so springlike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colour for the sweater. Goiong to go and have a look at the pattern now.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous yarn! I have yet to do a sweater...maybe next Fall or winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour of your yarn, it will make a gorgeous sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring just screams "Must have pink!", doesn't it? Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the points of that shawl. I wish I could join along but too much on my plate. I'll have fun watching from the sidelines.
    The watermelon colorway is great for this so-called spring and so Easterish. I just might order some yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, an Easter yarn sale! Because yarn that was bought on sale doesn't count as 'stash' ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I'm following Candy Skein on instagram! Love her yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And now I feel an utter fool! It's you!!!! I've known about your blog for a few years now, I've tried to add the Mister Linkie widget to my blog but it says there's an error :S Fantastic blog, and yarns! Squeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your work!I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting. I'm a new follower. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum, raspberry pink........delicious yarn.

    ReplyDelete