Friday, December 6, 2013

FO Friday 164

Good morning! Sorry I'm posting this late today. I hope you had a great week and have fun plans this weekend. Tonight we're going to Disneyland, so I'm super excited for that. We have annual passes and my husband works about 10-15 minutes away, so it works out perfect. Every year we each pick out a Disney ornament for the Christmas tree, so that's our mission tonight. Tomorrow we get the tree, which I'm SUPER excited about, except it's supposed to rain all day. Boooooo. Hopefully it all works out.



As promised, I have my second Hogwarts Express shawl to share with you. This time I knit it in Candy Skein Yummy fingering, November colorway, Mulled Wine. I used black matte square beads, which I wasn't sure about at first, but loved in the end.






I actually already gave the shawl to the friend it was intended for, because I wasn't sure when we'd be seeing her for Christmas. Rather early than late I say! I think it was the best reception I've ever received for a hand knit, and made my week. Not only did she adore it and praise it, she also called a few days later to express how much she loved it again. There's nothing better than that. I'm so honored she will cherish it.

That's it for me today. I hope you have an amazing weekend and stay warm!

Share your FO!




1.You're first!

15 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. I love the beads you used for the eyes. Your weekend sounds fun. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is beatiful. Enjoy the weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shawl, I think this will go on my to-do list. Have a great time at Disney. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty shawl! It looks a bit like Piper's Journey's shawl. But I can't remember the name, exactly. Anyway, your edging is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sweet!! I am sure she will cherish it. Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that owl cable, I so want to make that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Disneyland! Have fun picking your ornaments! I think there are some cool steampunk-esque ones this year. The shawl is awesome; I'm so happy your recipient gave it the praise and love it richly deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shawl, lovely colors, great work. So nice to have an appreciative recipient too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why she loved it so! It looks great. It's raining here, too :(.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super shawl! I love everything about it, thanks for sharing.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/11/technicolor-blanket-in-all-its-glory.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really stunning, i love how you used the beads for eyes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is stunning, I like the owl cable

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is gorgeous and I love the color - I have got to order some of your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shawl turned out fantastic! Congrats, and you have a very lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete