Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 173

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday (for those in the US). I apologize that I didn't have FO Friday up. To be honest, my days got all messed up and forgot it was Friday with the holiday and I had family in town. I promise the post will be up this Friday and I'll actually have an FO to share!


I'm plugging along on the project you saw last week, but not too much so I didn't take a picture of it. I'm dividing my time between two Christmas presents so each gradually grows. This is my first time using Knit Picks Dishie yarn, a 100% cotton, and I will say, it's so much better than Sugar or Peach n Cream. My hands don't hurt while knitting (or at least as bad) and the yarn is just a lot silkier.  The stitch definition isn't great, but when is it ever with cotton? I'll be using this yarn for one more project coming up. :)




This is a new project to the blog I believe. I'm using Candy Skein Savory fingering in Poppyseed. This is a fingerless glove I'm making for my husband (hopefully he isn't reading this). He takes the train to and from work, and his commute is long. I thought he could use these waiting for the train in the morning and night this winter. Funny enough, I was at knit group last night working on this as he texted he was freezing waiting for the train. We all had a good laugh. If he only knew. ;) This is Dustland Mitts by Stephen West and it's a very fast and fun pattern. I've only really worked on it a few hours and I'm almost finished with one mitt/fingerless glove! I only have the thumb left! It's pretty baggy on me, so I hope it fits! (Sorry for the bad picture!)

That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of the week and I'll "see" you here on Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


8 comments:

  1. I love the fingerless gloves very much, and I am sure your husband will wear them all winter days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the gloves are really pretty! I love the pattern and my husband would love them. ( So I had to do some too ...) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely mitt, hope he is not reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Fingerless gloves, great colour. Have a good week. Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fingerless glove looks very beautiful, great neutral color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mitts, the perfect combination of yarn/color/pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than a good fingerless glove, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fingerless gloves look awesome, the texture in the stitches really shows up nicely. Cotton...on your other project, I'm so with you, hard on the hands and I can only use it for small projects so I'm not using it day after day.

    ReplyDelete