Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Work in Progress 177



Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week and had an even better weekend! This weekend was low key for us. We took Milo (our Corgi) to the beach and a pub where we can sit outside with him and eat. Yes, it's been 85 degrees here in San Diego. I think most of California forgot it was winter. I've been wearing tank tips while working and am still hot!

Before I get started, I want to apologize as my pictures will probably be blurry again. I figured out what is going on (or I think). So I've been writing my posts from my phone app while waiting for my husband's train at the station every Tuesday night. Most of the pictures I take from my phone, which I then used to upload to my Flickr and then from there save to my computer and put them in Blogger from there. That's when I used to write my posts from my computer (and sorry for any major typos as it's hard to see/read the post on the phone while writing it). Since the pictures are already on my phone, it seems silly to put them on Flickr and add them to my computer when they can be uploaded directly into the app. Unfortunately, I think the Blogger app makes them crappy resolution, despite them being clear on the actual phone gallery.

I've been knitting a bit lately, or at least it seems I've gotten a lot done. Socks are flying off my needles lately! I finished the Hermione's Everyday Socks in Confetti Cupcake, which I'll share on Friday. I decided that I needed to finish a lot of the pairs that I've started over the past few months/year. Since I got my yarn bowl my husband commissioned for my as a Christmas gift, what better thing to work on than my 2x2 ribbed Tardis Tart Ombré socks that I started in June! 


The first sock has been done forever, but just never got around to making the second. You know how that is.



I'm a little further than this picture. I took it before knitting group. I'm now ready to start the heel flap. I'm not following a pattern. I just made the first one as I went and am now trying to remember what
I did for the second.




I decided to make this pattern, Imagine When by Joji for the Yarniacs Self Indulgent KAL. I'm using my new skein of Wollmeise Pure in the colorway Barista. I have to say, it's the first time I've used this yarn, but it's always been on my list to try. So far I'm not the hugest fan. It's gorgeous, don't get my wrong. My issues so far is that it's splitty and is plied so tight that it twists upon itself so much that it knots almost every row. But did I mention it was pretty?


Well, that's it for me this week! I hope you all have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on Friday with my socks FO!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

13 comments:

  1. O I really like the look of the stitches of your sock.
    Thanks for WIP Wednesday, I love to link up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift from your husband, it's fab!!!!!!! I love the shawl you've cast on, i look forward to seeing the progress over the coming weeks. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wish I could knit socks that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. Yarn Bowl. EVAHHHHHH!!!!!!

    That is *seriously* awesome! Oh my.

    Love the sock yarn. I hope the yarn for the shawl behaves better for you.

    Thanks for hosting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tami, thanks for hosting and I love your yarn bowls you received for Christmas! The projects you are working on are so nice. Happy knitting!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting all our WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the bowl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the second sock syndrome. I am suffering from it right now myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yarn bowl! I've never had one myself, but I would totally buy that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blur image best app for setting the blur background effect on your stylish photos. When you edit your image with this blur tool & set the blurry background effect that everyone asks you what you capture your photo with DSLR camera.

    ReplyDelete