Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Work in Progress 179

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going as good as you'd hoped! I've been doing a lot of knitting, as I had a group Monday night, Tuesday night and one tonight as well! Such the social calendar! ;) We had a great weekend and I got an awesome old storage drawer cabinet at a flea market in LA! I can't wait to organize my crafts in it, so I will call it a work in progress! How nice it will be to actually have a place for my needles, hooks and accessories! I'll never wonder where all the tape measures are anymore! It came bolted on a typewriting table, but I decided I'd rather have the drawers on my craft desk and the table separate.


I finished the second sock of my 2x2 ribbed Tardis Tart Ombré socks, which I'll share on Friday!



As far as work in progress projects, I don't have many. I'm all about finishing right now. These socks I started in October '12 for a sample of my monthly colorway. I've decided it's time to knit the second one, which was already started. The pattern is Skype socks and is a free pattern on Ravalry. Hopefully I have the pair finished soon!


I also started this last night. It's my February '14 colorway, Broken Heart Tart and will be available on the Candy Skein website later today. I'm going to be doing the Waffle House pattern (also free) from Ravelry, but cuff down. Right now I just started the leg pattern.

That's it from me this week. I hope you have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on Friday for my FO!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!
 

11 comments:

  1. I've been looking for something to put my crafting stuff into too! I can't wait to see what you do with your cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you have a very busy life at the moment, enjoy! Thanks for WIPW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flea markets and awesome old things! And I am super jealous of your bug crafting table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flea markets and awesome old things! And I am super jealous of your bug crafting table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks just fly off the needles!

    Sorry linked up twice pressed enter before I had out the right URL :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word - I love the drawers! *drool* I am totally coveting right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice work space! Yours socks look lovely and comfy. Finishing WIPs is a good thing!
    Happy Knitting!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my work space looked anything like that, mine is a mess :P Thank you for hosting this link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi you are so lucky to have such a large area for all of your knitting! TFS and I love all of your sock creations. Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous storage find for your knitting bits and bobs, I love the skyp sock pattern, they're always a good fit on my hubby. Who could resist that Broken Heart Tart....what a great name for a sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete