Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday 176

Hi everyone! I'm back! Sorry about last week. I was sick again. Can you believe it? I want to know, what in the world happened to just normal every day colds? I don't think they exist anymore, and if they do, they aren't the ones I'm catching. This was my second sickness in 3 weeks, and both times it took me out for a full week. This one was slightly different than the first, which I guess is good? Who knows. Anyway, let's hope I have that over with for the year. ::knocks on wood:: I'm feeling much better, despite having to miss not only a hockey game I got tickets for as a Christmas present, I also missed all TNNA weekend. How much does THAT suck? My husband was also sick (which is how I caught this one. He's the culprit so blame him for now WIPW and FOF last week) so the house pretty much fell apart last week. This week I get to pick up the piece of it and also catch up on the many many orders I didn't ship last week. FUN!

That said, with as sick as I was, I didn't knit for a FULL week. Not a single stitch. Can you believe that? The good news is, there is more to share with you than I had last time because I knit a TON while my husband was sick, but before I got it!

(sorry this picture is really blown out but the light was too close and it looked good on my phone!)

These are my Hermione's Everyday Socks that I started a few weeks ago. I finished the first sock in less than a week and thought I would have the pair done within two weeks. How awesome would that have been? ::sigh:: Sensing a theme here? Anyway, It's still going fast! This colorway is so fun to knit because you never know what color will come next. It's Candy Skein's January '14 colorway, Confetti Cupcake, which you can buy here as a single skein or buy the next three months as a subscription!


I got a gorgeous skein of yarn this week, breaking my 'no yarn between Stitches' rule, but I blame the ick that ran through me when I pressed the buy button. See, I had an excuse. I've always wanted to try Wollmeise and The Loopy Ewe updated JUST as I was on twitter. When does that happen? I had to click the link, right? Then I fell in love. Anyway, I'll post that next week or Friday. As a treat, I'm going to start a project with it for the Yarniacs podcast KAL going on right now, Self Indulgent knit along. Perfect timing if I do say so myself.

That's it for me today! I hope you have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



17 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are back on track. Have a nice week. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you have been so unwell, and boo to missing out on TNNA! Your socks look lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing, I'm glad you are feeling better. I love those socks, sock envy is rife in my house at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better - and good you and your DH were sick separately, there's nothing more miserable than being sick at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are on the mend! I was worried where you where. I am you carry on getting better and things get back to normal. There is nothing worse than the fallout when you've been ill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you are all better now. I too am knitting a pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks. My progress is much, much slower than yours tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you were sick - I'm glad you're feeling better now! I love the socks. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no I do hope that you are well now & thats is it for the rest of 2014!
    I love the sock pattern & this is my goal for 2014, just to be able to knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hoping you are feeling better…..we missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Starting out the new year sick is never fun, glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that you have not been well. Winter colds and flu's can be so draining. I hope the sun shines where you are today giving you a bit of a lift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling better. I don't blame you for breaking that rule. Not one bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to see you back.
    Love the socks!
    Wish I could access the link more easily, it doesn't like me :)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wondering if you're not harboring something more severe than a cold...like RSV, viral pneumonia, or the flu, especially as it keeps coming back.

    Glad you're feeling better, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you get a flu shot? It won't prevent a cold, but having it *will* lessen your cold's intensity! -- I always get the Shot in October when they first come out. Hopefully, *before* my Craft-Fair Season begins! -- Meanwhile, take lots of Vitamin C & D [but not together, they work better on their own] and some Onion Soup! That'll fix you up!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you feel better! Lovely socks. :)

    ReplyDelete