Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Work in Progress 175 and HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Happy new year! I wanted to start off this post by thanking everyone for their continued support, not only for the blog but also Candy Skein. It was a crazy year for my family. I promise to be more consistent with these posts in the new year.

Now to WIPW!



This is my January '14 colorway, Confetti Cupcake. It looks a little lighter here than it actually is. I'm using the Hermione's Everyday Socks pattern that is my go to "vanilla" sock design. It's fast (I just started these Sunday night and am on the heel flap) and looks great with crazy yarn. 




This is how I'm dyeing the yarn. It's the first time I've tried this technique and it's totally fun, though takes a bit of time because it's so active.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that yarn is fabulous! Wow.

    Please don't worry about blog posting consistency. We appreciate everything you do for us, giving us a place to "meet up" twice a week! We understand that things get in the way, sometimes. :-) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great year. I look forward to checking in on Weds and Fri. Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
    Willow4 :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year :)
    Oh what gorgeous colorway and the yarn looks sooo yummy.
    Thank you for keeping the w.i.p.w's and the f.o.f's alive. I haven't participated as much as I wanted last year, but looking forward to change that this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect name for your new color way. Your sock looks just like a slice of that Pillsbury confetti cake mix!
    You produce the most beautiful yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Looking forward to seeing the finished socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cheerful colorway, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yarn. Did you make that? That sock pattern is on my list...glad to hear it's an easy one. Interesting dying technique for sure. Your socks are gorgeous in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that colorway, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete