Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 148

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing good. I've been crazy busy and haven't had too much time to do much else. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but if you're in the Southern California area on June 24th, I will be speaking at the San Diego Knitting and Crochet Guild in Poway, CA at 1pm. I'll also have samples and will be selling yarn! Come if you live in the area. The more the merrier, that's for sure. I'm nervous as all get out!



 The reason why I bring this us now is because I am knitting a sock for the occasion. Yes, sock, not plural. I've been meaning to knit a sample with Tardis Tart Ombre in Yummy fingering since I dyed the yarn and what a better time than now? I hope to finish this in time for the trunk show, as I have a feeling I'll get a lot of people asking how the yarn knits up.


This is what it looks like in the skein! (this was a different dye lot than the knitting above)

I have to say, I ADORE how it is knitting. I'm just doing a basic 2x2 rib on a size US 1.5 needle. The different shades of blue (and white) are spiraling around the cuff like a vortex! How very Doctor Who!!!

If you're interested in a skein of this yarn, I do have a few skeins available to ship as early as today! If the yarn doesn't have an "add to bag" button below it, I can have more dyed up this week.


I hope you have a great rest of the week. That's it for me today!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


17 comments:

  1. Your yarns are amazingly addictive to knit with. I've knitted up 4 skeins already, and have my eye on another 3 colourways that are quietly luring me in. Can't afford any right now, but I'm saving up! Knitting a blouse completely in Candy Skein Yummy Fingering made for the softest garment I've ever had the pleasure to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Oh crap, I had to go look and you've added yet another colourway I can't resist. You enabler, you ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the colours of your yarns! Really need to get me some; just as soon as I've used up a bit more of my stash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of your yarns, they are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sock is awesome!! I love the yarn, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That knits up so beautifully! I'm drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, very very Doctor Who. If I hadn't already knit a pair of Tardis socks ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how that is knitting up too! vortex. (nodding)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the yarn and the start of your sock is very pretty! I can't wait to see the finished pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colors, so fun! All this Dr. Who talk is making me want to see what all this mania is about ... :) Any recommendations on a season to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your presentation but you will do great. Your love for what you do will shine through. And you have great yarn to show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems so busy this Summer! I'm not making my usual progress which is slow enough. I love your yarn and if I had some spare change I'd order some but right now is not the time. Good luck at your speaking engagement and don't be nervous just remember they're all there to hear and see YOU so just be yourself and they'll love it! I would!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, good luck giving your talk! Maybe if you picture everyone knitting, you won't be nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the way that is knitting up! It's very TARDIS whoosh, if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete