Friday, November 11, 2011

FO Friday 60


Happy Friday and happy Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day to all who celebrate. I also wanted to thank all the men and women who have served their countries. Oh yes, and today is 11-11-11, so that's pretty darn cool! :)

Today I actually have a FO, as I mentioned on Wednesday, but it is a bit of a cheat. It's one sock of the pair, but I'm happy to have something finished. It's Hermione's Everyday Socks, which is a free pattern on Ravelry. It's a great one, and I plan to make a pair for myself soon (after Christmas).



Lissa asked on Wednesday about the heel flap of the pattern in the comments section. It's Eye of the Partridge which I think may be a little thinner feeling than the slip stitch heel, but seems as durable. It's a little more feminine than the slip stitch heel in my opinion. I have a pair of socks that is slip stitch heel, and the other is Eye of the Partridge and they are both holding up great. This pattern has a slight mod to the normal Eye of the Partridge, where it doesn't slip the first stitch but is a garter stitch edge. I wasn't sure I'd like this, but in the end, I LOVE it. Picking up the garter stitches was so clean and easy, leaving no holes ANYWHERE and it looks great. I'd highly recommend it. I might actually try it out for other patterns I do.





Since I'm still working on the second sock, that's all I'm going to say about it now, since there will be another FO featuring these socks (hopefully next Friday).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Share your FOs!




25 comments:

  1. The sock looks awesome! And I'm glad to know you like that heel. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll add it to my "must knit" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely sock and I like the color of yarn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I really like the yarn you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and love the colour.
    11/11/11 is also a great day for a birthday - my son Alex's third birthday in fact (happy birthday little man!)
    And another big thank you to all the servicemen & women too.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have to try that heel (yours is the first picture of it where I've seen the edge clearly, it looks great)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sock!I like dates like these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sock looks great... nearly enough to make me contemplate knitting socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Color! Nice job...I have 2 "uncomplete" pairs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like the look of "eye of partridge"!

    11-11-11 ... make a wish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great sock !!! 11-11-11 hopefully lucky ? feels kind of a magaical day here.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the design in the heel flap! May have to check this out for future socks. Great job. Beautiful color as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still in love with the color. Interesting idea on the heel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a sock knitter so thanks for walking us through the heel design! It looks very cute and you are right, it is definitely very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! so beautiful! happy fof day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sock, I have been seeing it all over Ravelry and I really like the pattern! I'm a new knitter so I really hope that some day I could actually knit a sock, we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should try that heel. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sock! How great to find a new technique that you love <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I've put my link I hope it's ok if it is in spanish. I hope I'll do it both in English and in Spanish next week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous heel : ) I love the colour and that pattern. I seem to be spending a lot of time looking at socks lately. Could 2012 be the year of the sock?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sock looks super, that is a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great sock, i have that pattern as well, i can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The socks look really good! I've been wanting to make that pattern as well :)

    ReplyDelete