Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 66



Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a very fun time Saturday night at our tiki event, as well as Sunday at the fiber fest that my knitting group and I went to. I plan to write a long post tomorrow, along with a picture of all of us sometime this week, so check back for that! I got a few new skeins of yarn, a few project bags and beads! I can't wait to show you all.

Now to WIPW!



This is the first sock of the pair, but I'm almost finished with it. I'll definitely have it done by Friday, so will have a project for FO Friday (even though it's kind of cheating since the project is only 50% done at that point).

I just have to say, I LOVE THIS PATTERN! It is so easy, but not boring. The pattern is Hermione's Everyday Socks which is a free pattern on Ravelry. It fits great so far (as you can see in the picture) and is very comfortable. I'm using Candy Skein Yummy in Royal Rock Candy.

That's it for me this week. I've worked on my Rhombi a little, but not enough to show you. The sock has been my focus since I have so many to do for Christmas.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


28 comments:

  1. I love that pattern too!! Generally, I'm not a huge fan of socks but these are so me. Yours look great. I can't wait to knit a pair for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wickedly jealous of your sock progress!! It looks absolutely fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! I love the colour and the yarn goes so well with that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks. If I ever finish my first pair I'll be having a go of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sock! Beautiful colors, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sock looks very comfy, and I love your Royal Rock Candy colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute pattern and it looks great in that color! Quick, finish it before your toes get cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a nice pattern and I really like the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the pattern recommendation. I've added it to my faves, and if I ever catch up on my year of projects, I'll add it to my queue. Yours look great in that really happy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sock is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The socks are really cute. All that texture looks great in your colorway. I totally agree that one sock counts as an FO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pattern is in my queue. I'm not sure which of my many (hundred) sock yarns I'm going to choose but we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how that sock looks...skipping off to add it to my queue

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sock! Can't wait to hear about the tiki weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the socks! Thanks for sharing the pattern

    Have a great Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tami, that sock is gorgeous! I plan to make the Hermione sock in a yummy tangerine-colored yarn that I have -- I think they will be awesome to wear in February hidden underneath all my black suit pants. :)

    Can I ask a question about the heel flap? I'm knitting my first socks now and really love the slip,knit, slip, knit patterning on the flap -- it's so thick and squishy! Does the stitch pattern on the Hermione sock account for extra thickness on the heel flap? If not, have you made any modifications for it? I'd really love to hear your thoughts.

    Thanks!
    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those socks, pattern and the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sock..and I forgot to link earlier...here you go...

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that color! your stuff is so pretty. :o)

    i'm cheating just a bit on my wip for the day as it's not my usual crochet but i'm working on my business card design & i need some input as to what's the best choice. :o)

    see you on friday, happy wip day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Warm socks sound nice now. It's getting cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colour is lovely, and looks like you're making good progress - looking forward to seeing the finished article!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pattern beautifully shows off that gorgeous colorway of yours. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that pattern too. The Gryffindor socks I made are one of my most comfortable pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh... I love that sock pattern! I may just have to try socks again, maybe I'll actually make two socks this time instead of just the one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! I've had that favourited on Rav for a while, but you're definitely making me want to cast on. Sounds like they would make idea Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete