Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 69

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and a great Black Friday for those in the US. We took it easy on the weekend, just hanging out with my parents and running errands in LA. We did get a chance to see The Muppets (we're HUGE Muppets/Jim Henson fans), which we absolutely LOVED. I want to see it again!!! We also had a chance to visit Unwind, one of my favorite yarn stores, and I got three skeins of Sweet Georgia worsted weight in Ox blood colorway to make the Abalone. I can't wait to make it! The yarn has a great twist and is a gorgeous deep red.





As far as WIPW, I'm currently working on one thing, the Rebecca Danger monster, Bea, for my niece. It's a Christmas gift, so I'm trying to plow through it, marking it off my list, as I still have a few gifts to get through. I have the body knit and am working on the arms right now. I'm using Plymouth Superwash DK, and I really like the stitch definition with it, except if you catch a little area of it, it seems to snag kind of easy, due to the really pronounced stitches. Hopefully it holds up as a toy. I really like how soft and squishy it is though. I hope to have this done at some point this week, as I have another monster and two more socks to finish. Yikes! Time is ticking by.

That's it for me today. How is your holiday knitting going?

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



21 comments:

  1. Wow I'm first... which means I'm up wayyyy too late. The Muppets became my 3 year old's first cinema movie this past weekend. We've been playing muppet songs on youtube all week.
    Abalone with look amazing in red. I've had some madelinetosh set aside for ages to make one. Maybe we should do a mini KAL in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duane wants to see the movie. We were kids when Jim Henson first created them. (Yes, we are ooold.)

    Looking forward to seeing your finished monster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The husband and I were able to see the Muppets on Sunday night - we loved it (and the husband got a bit teary eyed at the end)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for Muppets! Your monster is such a pretty colour, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the monster is looking - by the sounds of it, it'll be nice and squishy when it's done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the monster - can't wait to see how it turns out~ Beautiful, I am sure ;) And...hurray for the Muppets!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see it finished! I'm not working on much now because of trouble with my hands and arm so I'm living through everyone else and what they are making. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'd love to try Sweet Georgia yarn. It looks so gorgeous on the internet - I bet it's even better in real life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I can't wait to see your finished Bea. With all of the toy-knitting going on around me, I'm starting to feel the "what if I tried that" bug -- but it will have to wait until after Christmas. I'm looking forward to December 28 when I can show off a WIP post again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Muppets! I finished my coffee monster, also a Rebecca Danger pattern. Going to share on FO Friday, my first FO Friday :)

    Can't wait to see your Bea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes indeed! Maybe there'll be a monster ready for FO Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yarn looks great. Hope your having fun making Bea and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, muppets!! I'm a huge fan, too -- I know, big surprise. Glad to hear the movie is good. I'm dying to go see it. Hopefully soon. Looking forward to seeing your monster in all its finished-up glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! I'm number 42 on the WIP Wednesday list...I WIN!!

    We love the Muppets, too...I think NPH had the best line of the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors you chose for the monster! It is going to be so cute :) My christmas knitting is coming....slowly but surely, and I'm only making a pair of socks! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My holiday knitting is not going so well. I wish time would just stop for a while so I could get it done. Of course, I'm afraid if time stopped I would just knit things I feel like working on instead of things I've got going already.
    I can't wait to see your new monster. I think I need to get that book. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! I am a huge Muppets fan, too. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, it looks like you're getting through that monster! :) Good luck with the holiday knitting.

    I'm not even attempting holiday anything at this point--I'm made of fail. :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. The monsters are great! I loved knitting the ones I did. I can't wait to watch yours progress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see the finished monster :) The colours are great together.

    ReplyDelete