Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 68

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday and also Happy (day before) Thanksgiving to all of my US readers!!! We're heading to LA to spent the holiday with my family, and I can't wait. We haven't been there since September and we miss LA and my family desperately. It should be great, and I hope to visit a few yarn stores, including one of my all times favorites, Unwind in Burbank.

Just a quick note before I start with my WIPW portion of the post. For those interested, I will be posting Candy Skein Assortments, which are sets of mini skeins today on my site. I will have another post later today when they're for sale. :)

Okay, now to WIPW!

I don't have too much to share today, as I FINALLY finished the socks I've been slaving over. More from that on Friday (which weirdly I'll be writing the post today and scheduling it, so I apologize in advance if the scheduling doesn't work properly. Sometimes it doesn't put the post up when it should, so keep your fingers crossed).



What I did start was another Christmas present (I can't wait until it's over so I can work on something for myself! LOL). I'm making another Rebecca Danger monster, Bea the Basement monster, for one of my nieces. Her favorite colors are pink and light green, so despite these not being colors I'd pick, I think it will look cute and she'll (hopefully) love it! I'm using Plymouth Superwash DK, and love it so far. It's SOO soft and squishy, though a little splitty I must say.

That's it for me sadly! I'm still working on my Rhombi sweater, but Christmas knitting has now taken a priority over it. Someone asked me last week I think, about my skirt. That's on the back burners, but I will be working on it after I finish my sweater and a few other things. I'm hoping to have it in time for spring, which seems so far away but will probably be here before we know it.

Again, happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate. Drive safe if you're traveling and eat lots of turkey (or if you don't eat meat, enjoy the rest of the fixings!) I have to go make a gluten free pumpkin pie from scratch now!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


28 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving! Hope you have a relaxing time in LA. Plus your monster has a super cute colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip to LA. I love the pink and green--fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those 2 colours together, and it's not something I'd usually choose either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitted monsters, and pink and green sounds like a perfect combination to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got that book and am planning to experiment with it in the New Year. I think the monster will be excellent in those colours. I can't wait to see her if you can show her to the world without giving the game away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great Thanksgiving. That will be one cute monster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the green and pink. That is going to be one extra cute monster! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Can't wait to see yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wheeee, mini skeins! I can't wait!

    I think the pink and green will look very cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the colors for the monster are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tami, I used to do WIP and FO agggggges ago but haven't been blogging much for a while. I hope you don't mind me jumping back in.

    Green and pink is always a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see those mini skeins! And congrats on those socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Turkey, Tami! Hope you guys have a great break. I'll be back later to claim my mini skeins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first WIP Wednesday and I happen to be working on a Rebbeca Danger Monster also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cute! i want a basement monster too! :o)
    happy wipw & turkey day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cool place! What a wonderful way to promote the craft - Thanks so much! TW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think those two colours will work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors of the Plymouth. Will have to try that sometime for baby stuff. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tami,
    I just posted my WIP. It's my 1st time to join. Thanks for the idea and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First time here. Its funny, even if we would not pick certain colors we can enjoy making it for someone else. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My daughter would love the pink and green too!

    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have a safe trip. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I posted a wrap that I frogged and restarted.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the colours! Have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That'll be a super cute monster! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete