Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 67

Happy Wednesday! So this past weekend, I hoped to get a TON of knitting done...and I didn't. I am so behind on my Christmas knitting and my Rhombi, I'm freaking out a little bit. We'll see what I can get done this week and this coming weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me!





Okay, I have to say, I've been bit by the hexipuff bug. Now, I don't plan (right now) to even attempt the Beekeeper's Quilt, but I'm making these little guys. I've made two so far (as you can see above), one in leftover Knit Picks Imagination in the colorway Frog Prince, and the other in Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Brain Freeze. Can you tell which is my first, and which is my second one? LOL, it's amazing how much better I got from the first to the second! I'm using Judy's Magic Cast On, and closing them with the Kitchner stitch. I wish I had more time to make these, as I can see how addictive they can be. Mine are coming about to about 2.5" from point to point, using a size 5 needle. I even went to Ikea to buy a jar with a lid this past weekend for them. Yes, I know...sad, isn't it? How into it am I, or will I be when I get free knitting time? I'll have a Candy Skein announcement tomorrow in regards to the craziness. How many of you are addicted to this crazy pattern? Check back tomorrow if you've lost your heart to hexipuffs!




I'm still working on my Rhombi and it's going good. I'm just in the long, boring part as I mentioned before, but I'm plugging along. I hope to finish the body soon, so that I can move on to picking up the sleeves. It fits great (hopefully I can get a picture of myself wearing it soon, but by the time my husband gets home from work it's very dark.). I can't wait to be done and wear it!




Last but not least, my MiL STILL. I know, I know, I'm STILL working on these. I haven't had a chance to knit much of the second sock, but at knit night last night, I finished the leg and am about to start the heel flap. I'm not following the pattern on the leg repeats, as I only did 10, instead of the 18 that it calls for. Of course, I forgot this last night at knit night, I forgot that and just kept happily knitting. I ended up having to take out only one repeat today, thank god, but frogging isn't helping my stitch count at this point! Oh well, all is good. I hope to be able to do the heel flap and turn tomorrow while I watch my nieces. I need to finish these socks this week, no if, and, or buts!

That's it for me today. What are you working on?


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



28 comments:

  1. Omg! The hexipuffs are so tiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhombi's looking great! I hope the socks don't give you anymore problems. Your hexipuffs are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jar is going to look amazing when it is filled with hexipuffs in all your brilliant Candy Skein colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not join the hexipuff revolution, I will not, I will not lol!!!

    I'm loving the socks, the colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute hexipuffs, and they'll look great in that jar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hexipuffs - and those colors! Frog Prince - how fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck getting your sock finished... If it helps, think of finished socks as merely an opportunity to have more sock yarn scraps for puffing ;) The sooner you finish, the sooner you can have a purpley-blue puff...

    See, I'm talking like a puff knitter, but I have not been bitten by the hexipuff bug. I am resisting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have double the amount of hexipuffs done than I !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been forcing myself NOT to get addicted to hexipuffs but as I see all these sock yarn scraps sitting around my house looking sad, I wonder how long holding off will last! Keep chugging along on that Rhombi, it's looking great! The long boring straight parts are the worst to get motivation to do sometimes aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think those hexipuffs are contagious! Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hexipuffs are so cute!! Love the color of the socks and the Rhombi is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe what cute little puffs and I bet when you get a bunch your jar will look so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been trying to resist the hexipuff craze... Not sure I'll be able to for much longer though! Rhombi is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hexipuffs are really cute, and I know that your jar will be filled with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have planned to do the hexi-puffs. Need to finish some things first.

    Both your projects are looking good.

    You can always take you picture in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Argh - Tami - I'm sorry I accidentally submitted it twice while trying to change the title... and still didn't manage it! Please can you change the title and delete one of them - so sorry *hangs head*
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the dark and puffy side. :) You should've gotten in on the yarn swap I hosted. I have loads of tiny little skeins waiting to be puffed at the moment. Hang in there with the sweater and the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. woohoo! i just linked for the first time, though i've been wip-ing along on wednesdays for some time. I didn't realize how easy it was....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone!

    Sarah, I'll fix it! No worries.

    Paula, ha, thanks! When you were doing the swap, I was resisting the urge to make the little guys. Next time.

    grandmastatus, it is easy! Welcome to WIPW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hexipuffs!?!? You have definitely joined the craze. I've kept away from them so far, but I keep staring at them with fascination.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, no! Not the horribly addictive hexipuff bug! All of my friends have gotten it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've not been around much lately, so am trying to get back into the fun of wipw. I have to say I keep seeing people making those little puff things, but have no clue why. I mean what do people do with the puffy's when their done with them? I've asked several fellow bloggers, but no one has responded. They look like they might make a toy for a cat or something? Love the MIL socks...what an awesome color.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! Welcome to the hexipuff club! I am having the most fun knitting these little things. So addictive and a great travel project. I love the glass jar idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh hexipuffs - interesting. can you knit them in different yarns? I always love your projects.... thanks for always taking the time to encourage us to join in. have a great Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Comments are closed on Wool Thyme? Why join a linky? Is there a gliche?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the hexipuffs, I would love to make them but I'm just not ready to committ to such a big project! Your other projects both look lovely! Good luck this week and weekend with all your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh, you will be bitten and before long you will only be knitting the puffs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't wait to see that rhombi finished, No pressure though! : )
    The socks are very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete