Friday, December 9, 2011

FO Friday 64


Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to keep this short, as I have so much to do between now and Saturday afternoon. I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I will be scheduling WIPW and FO Friday posts while I'll be gone, but won't be able to comment on your posts, or share any of my pictures. Please still post your links for all to read/view!


I finished my second monster in a week, which is great because it was the one project I didn't want to take on the ship with me, due to the stuffing, eyes, assembly. I made Kat the Kitchen Monster by Rebecca Danger for my 2 1/2 year old niece, Emma. She actually picked that one as her favorite from the book back when I first bought it, and her favorite color is baby blue, so I hope she loves her.

As I mentioned, I was afraid of the hips being too wide, but it turned out okay I think. I ended up kitchner stitching her head, instead of 3 needle bind off, because I have no clue how you could turn her inside out, as it is knit in one closed piece, but that's what the pattern called for. I figured kitchner basically does the same thing, so no biggie. Her head just isn't as round as it could be. I'm not crazy with the placement of her mouth in the end, I wish I had put it a little lower and I'm not sold on the ribbon, but it's what I have around. For now, I'll call her done, as she has to be ready to be loved on Christmas Eve.

Unfortunately I finished her last night, so I wasn't able to get a cute/fancy picture of her, so this one will have to do.



Share your FOs!




25 comments:

  1. OMG I love her!!! There's another book I need, good job Santa's coming soon and I've been a good girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so nice ,the teeth is very expressive.Must do one similar to this

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks ace! Hope you have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your monster. I really must get a monster pattern/book from Rebecca Danger, as every one I see completed just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she looks great, and I love the bow, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is SO cute! Your niece is going to adore her. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable, so cute, so cuddly looking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the hips are wider than they should be, it's a very effective mod! I love her. I think you need to take a couple of days away from her and look at her with fresh eyes. She's sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is funny how we are always so critical of our own work. I look at your monster and think, "wonderful" well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, thanks everyone! It makes me feel a little better about her! :) I think I just made it so fast that I didn't get any attachments so I just see what's wrong with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The monster is gorgeous! I'm envious of anyone who can make a 3d knitted item turn out the way it looks in their head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so cute and cuddly! If I had the patience, I would try to replicate that in crochet :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The monster's adorable and I'm sure your niece would love it.

    Have a great trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! That is so cute!
    Have a great Christmas and we'll see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete