Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 70


Hi everyone. I hope you're having a great week. I'm not sure I've said something yet, but I will be on vacation from Dec 10 (this Saturday) to Dec 24th. In that time, I'll still be posting WIPW and FO Fridays, but they will be scheduled as of this week, with no updates, just the Mr Linky so everyone can participate. I also want to wish everyone a happy holidays, regardless of what you celebrate!

Also, a Candy Skein note, if you'd like to order a custom skein, please do so by the end of today, so that I can dye it and get it mailed before I leave. If you'd like yarn sent to you for the holidays, I'll be mailing out orders that are purchased until Friday afternoon. After that, all orders placed between Dec 10-24 will be mailed on December 26th. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Okay, now that is done, let's check out how behind I am on my Christmas knitting! Let's just say, I'm glad I'll have a lot of time to just sit back and knit for the next two weeks!


Since I'll have a lot of time to knit on vacation (did I mention we're going on a cruise to Hawaii!? ALLOOOHHAAA), I hope to get it all finished by the time we get back. I have two more pairs of socks to make, and I hope to finish the monster I'm making right now this week.




That leads me to a pic of the monster! I'm making Kat the Kitchen Monster from Rebecca Danger for my younger niece. She's 2 1/2 and her favorite color is baby blue and this was her favorite monster from the book. Unfortunately, I messed up and increased too much in the hip/leg area, but decided to just go with it. It looks a little weird, but I hope it looks normal, or okay once I stuff it. We'll see. As I said, I hope to finish this for FO Friday, or at least before I leave. Again, I'm using Plymouth Superwash Merino DK.




I started on a new pair of socks. I'm using the Hedgerow sock pattern and Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Robin Egg Malt Ball. Now much to say with this so far, as I just started, and am focused on the monster!


That's it for me right now. See you all Friday!


24 comments:

  1. Love baby blue too! Enjoy your vacation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitted toys are so funny when they are incomplete. ;-) love the color you've chosen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun holiday, I'm jealous! Enjoy all that knitting time. I love the yarn you are using for the socks, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an awesome time on vaca!! And love the blue monster - nothing wrong with big hips ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful cruise! Monsters tend to be forgiving once stuffed, I think :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip!
    And the cat is going to be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a fantastic holiday! Love the projects. looking at everyones fantastic knitting is making me really want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on the cruise!

    Aren't those monsters addicting! I have a few I need to make for christmas gifts, but will probably not make the christmas deadline! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww - the monster will be so cute - I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sock colorway! Have fun on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your racing along, as am I, to get your Holiday knitting/crocheting done. When I'm working I have a litany of faster, faster running through my head. Good Luck! and have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the colors in your socks, and am looking forward to seeing your new monster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha! Have fun on the cruise! I think the monster's hips look just fine! And what a gorgeous colourway for those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't wait to see that lil monster! that sock is going to be gorgeous!

    have a great trip, so jealous! :o)

    happy wip day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A cruise sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, you know, the charm of handmade is that it's not all 'perfect' and uniform. She'll know it was made with love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The monster looks great so far. Your niece will love it. Have a relaxing and fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am interested in seeing the monster when finished. I like the "monsterous" hips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the monster, and the colour is gorgeous. Good luck getting all your Christmas knitting done, and have a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea of a baby blue monster. So cute!

    I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise. (How could you not really??) I jealously looks forward to a recap and some pics when you are back. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete