Friday, January 11, 2013

FO Friday 120

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. I think I pushed myself too hard at the beginning of the week and learned my lesson. The flu going around the US right now is serious business, so I've been taking it easy the second part of the week until I'm 100% well.

With that being said, I have a FO today that I'm super proud of. Since I didn't work full days this week, I thought I would try my hand at sewing again since I now have an amazing sewing/stash room and table at my new house. I can't tell you how much fun I had yesterday making this! It's a case for my Nook ereader. I've sewn a few things in my life, but none this successful!


Yep, that's Doctor Who fabric!!!!! I got a fat quarter of it from SpoonFlower. They're a little pricy because it's printed on demand, but it's a great place to design your own fabric, etc! You can find just about any print there. I got this one and one other (Doctor Who of course), but went with this one since it's a dark color and the other is mostly white. I didn't want it to get too dirty right away.

My nook fits GREAT in it! The zipper top area is a little snug, but this way it won't fall out if I forget to zip it!

The lining? POLKA DOTS!!! So cute, right? Not only did I line it, there's also batting to protect my nook in case I drop it! I can't believe how great this turned out!


That's it for me today! Have a great Friday and weekend!

Share your FOs!


29 comments:

  1. I can see why you are happy how the case turned out. Well done! Have a nice weekend. Hopefully you will be your old self soon. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The looks great and the lining is so well done too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that case! So clever. Loving the links too - masses of brilliantly creative people :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the case and love the dr who material !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great - and I love the fabric, especially with the polka dot lining. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is darling! Must look into spoonflower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your case looks great!!! I've been wanting to make one for my Kindle fire...you've inspired me thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely case! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute case. I like that the Tardis pattern is small and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cute case has a cousin: I made one with a different Spoonflower fabric (also Tardis) for my Kindle. E-readers are all bigger on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I'm terrified of zippers. But maybe I'd better get over it because I've dropped my eReader more than once and it could use a padded case :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fabric choice! And I am jealous of your sewing skills. Zippers scare me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Doctor Who fabric! If I could sew, I would be owning lots of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I was eyeing some of spoonflower's Doctor Who fabric yesterday, actually. They have some really lovely patterns, and a couple of striped ones that I wouldn't mind turning into bloomers for faire! Unfortunately they are a bit on the pricey side though, so I doubt that will happen as I can't justify spending that much on fabric for a garment that may only last a year or two :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cover, it looks very professional looking :D I would love to sew quilts and cushions :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally need a cover like that! Too bad my sewing skills are lacking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really good. I love the fabric and it does look very professional. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful FO! And such amazing fabric! I was just thinking about making a case for the Ipad my husband and I are buying next month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice work on the Nook case. I keep saying I'm going to get back to sewing...
    Hope you feel 100% soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute little cosy! Who on the outside and polka dots on the inside, just great. Spoonflower continues to taunt me with its amazingness...

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks great! So tempted to learn how to sew, but not sure I'd have enough time for another hobby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a great Nook cover. I'm not a Dr. Who fan but that Tardis fabric is cool. I just sent the link to this post to one of my knitting group mates who loves Dr. who and who is going to the convention with her son. Glad you're feeling better and are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the Doctor Who fabric!

    ReplyDelete