Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Work in Progress 125

Seriously? It's Wednesday again!!?? How did that happen? I feel like I just panicked a few days ago about almost forgetting a post due to a holiday. LOL I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's celebration. I just got finished with my New Year's Day dinner of prime rib, baked potato and peas. MMmmm, it was fabulous!


Since last Wednesday, I started a hat! Actually I started last Wednesday. It's the Hinagiku Hat from Ravelry. It's super easy, but tough at the same time. It's the Daisy stitch which I've never done, and let me tell you, it's hard to knit three together and then knit those SAME three together again! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this is knitting up. It's a new Candy Skein yarn base called Juicy Sport, but I'll have more on that soon. I'll be releasing the new yarn Thursday and let me tell you, you'll want to check it out. This might be my favorite base I carry as far as the Merino yarns are concerned. Oh, I almost forgot! The colorway is Robin Egg Malt Ball!



One of my favorite podcasts, the Yarniacs, is having a Self Indulgent KAL that starts January 1. You can make anything, as long as it's for yourself! How great is that? I decided to start my Color Affection shawl for the project. I'm using another new yarn (coming) to Candy Skein in the next few weeks called Sweet Fingering. It's a 50/50 merino/silk base and so so soft. It has the same twist/ply as the Delicious fingering. The colors I decided to go with are Pumpkin, Fudge Brownie and Brain Freeze (which looks bluer in the picture than it actually is. It's more of a teal).


That's it for me today! I hope you have a great rest of your week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

19 comments:

  1. I've not seen that stitch before it looks fab, love the variegated colours.
    I can't wait to see the progress on your scarf, the colours are lush. Have a good week. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite writing and postisng my WIPW post yesterday I'm only #22 here today, lol. Everyone must get up earlier then I do. I love the texture and color of the blue-greenish hat you're working on, never heard of the daisy stitch and it sounds very tedious. Knitting 3 stitches and knitting them again.
    Happy New Year to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how that hat is knitting up! I've not heard of the Daisy Stitch before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ginny,
    Happy 2013 to you and your family! Love your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in your hat, it's going to look fab when it's finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hat looks amazing :D The daisy stitch sounds both daunting and fun...definitely would need to remember to knit loosely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started a Color Affection too! Feels like I'm late to the party, so I'm glad to see someone else is making one now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love that hat and just love the colours.

    Wishing you and yours, and everyone who contributes to and/or follows WIP Wednesday a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, thank you for the invite to join your WIP group! So lovely to be invited and I can't wait to check out other people's blogs.
    I love the colourway for your hat - so beautiful. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the green yarn! so beautiful. Your knitting is amazing and I cannot wait until I can knit like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hat looks like it will be fab! I love the colours and the design looks great. Thanks for hosting the WIP Wednesday - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like those colors! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hat is going to be gorgeous - I don't know that stitch either but it looks great.

    Here's to another great year of WIPing and FOing. Thanks for hosting, Tami and a Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tami! I am joining you this year for your WIP and FO days. I am hoping it will help me get more UFOs done as well as my new projects I am doing in 2013.

    What beautiful yarn!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those yarn colours are absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a unique combination of colors. I cam't wait to see you get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new yearn is beautiful, I'm sure your hat is going to look great :D

    ReplyDelete