Friday, October 14, 2011

FO Friday 56


Happy Friday, everyone! I hope everyone has fun weekend plans upcoming. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but hopefully the heat will break! It was hot again yesterday, which I can't complain too much, as it is good beach weather. The bad thing about the heat is that I finally finished my husband's very warm socks!

He's so happy to have them finished that he even wore them the night I finished, despite it being like 95 degrees that day. I'm so glad that he loves them, but man men's socks are big! I'm currently making a second sock for myself (as you saw on WIPW), and it's going SO much faster. Luckily, the next few pairs I have to make are for women. LOL

Materials:

Knit Picks Imagination in Frog Prince

Needles: US Size 2
Pattern: I made it up myself, making a basic sock with 72 sts








Milo looks SO uninterested, doesn't he? He just wanted to go to bed at this point




Share your FOs!





22 comments:

  1. YAY, congrats on finishing the socks! :D So I guess there will be no more complaints about one cold foot or anything? ;)

    I wish I could say it's faster to make socks for myself, but my feet are only about a half inch shorter than my father's. *sigh*

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried knitting socks!!!Yours look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks! One of these days I should try knitting socks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, they look great! I knitted a pair for my boyfriend and I know what you mean about them taking forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. I have several pairs of men's socks to knit, knee highs no less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Isn't it nice when they love what you make them?!? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks turned out great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great!!! Milo does look a little bored! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The socks are great! You are so lucky to have a knit-worthy husband. Putting the socks on right away and keeping them on is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The socks turned out great! What a wonderful sport your husband is to wear them in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice! And yes, Milo looks quite uninterested :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Milo does seem to be unimpressed by the handknitted socks -- good thing your husband appreciates them :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice socks! i'm cheating just a tad again, my fofs are birthday decor related. :) but they are still finished objects just not yarn related.

    have a great fof day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have smaller-man-sized feet, so yes, it does suck knitting larger socks. Look good though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I was just going to say something about the PJs when I came to Milo's long suffering look! I get a lot of that when I have to stay up to finish a round or a repeat, or graft something or .... well, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. they look awesome, love the colours in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the socks! Looks like they fit perfectly! You have a corgi! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Because of your WIP Wednesdays, FO Fridays, and other random updates, I've decided you needed the Versatile Blogger award :) You can go visit my blog to learn more about it (if you're not familiar).

    ReplyDelete