Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 83


Hi everyone! I hope your work is going well. I've been working hard this week to finish a very large 18 skein custom order for a mini swap group on Ravelry. It was fun to do, but was tricky coming up with so many new and different colorways. I'm happy to have finished the dyeing for it, and now just have to wait for the final skeins to dry and re-skein them. Not quite a FO, so I thought I would share it with all of you. :)



I started a new project this past week, and actually re-started it a few times as well! Last Wednesday I swatched for the Abalone cardigan! Yes, another cardigan. I'm afraid not only do I have the sock bug, but now I also have the garment bug! All is going well and the project is going super fast. I haven't worked on it much, but I have a nice portion done. It's done it worsted weight yarn, and I'm using Sweet Georgia Superwash Worsted. in Oxblood. I bought it on Thanksgiving weekend last year at Unwind in Burbank. It's not normally a color I would buy, which I think is why I bought it! Don't you feel like sometimes you have to pull a little out of your comfort zone? Funny enough, the yarn matches my couch so well, that sometimes it's hard to tell what's the couch and what's yarn! This picture makes it a little brighter than it is in real life. It's a little bit more of a purple red.

I just hope I have enough yarn. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Surprisingly enough, I actually got gauge by using the size needles recommended for the pattern, US 8s. I think this is the first project that I haven't had to go up a needle size due to my tight knitting. Maybe I'm finally loosening up! One can only hope. LOL

That's it for me for today! I hope you have a great Wednesday and Thursday. See you on Friday for FO Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


16 comments:

  1. Love the look of the cardigan - I may try that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find myself catching all these different bugs....especially when I am sitting down knitting away, then my mind wanders and I find myself thinking....hmmm that would be nice to try and make, oooh lets! Then I get the matterials together and off I go on another tangent!

    Love your WIP.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Abalone pattern, and the yarn is gorgeous. I know what you mean about trying to use different colours - everything I buy at the moment seems to be grey! I do love grey, but I need to branch out I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn has a chic color! Thanks for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The custom order sounds challenging and exciting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardigan pattern is great, I have just had a look at the pattern. Looking forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a GORGEOUS color for a cardigan! Looking forward to seeing how it comes together in the weeks to come. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can usually tell what month it is by looking at my colorway choices-- for instance, January and February are almost always green-- and then in other months I won't understand what I was thinking!

    I think your red is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty colour - oxblood. Deep reds like that are amongst my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that colour. It's really hard to find that particular shade of red and it is the only one that suits me. I think it's going to look amazing when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour of your cardi. I'll be watching to see how it goes. I've had Abalone in my queue for ages and have even set aside the yarn to do it. Seeing yours might just be the push I need...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That custom order sounds like a major challenge -- kudos to you for keeping up with it! Also, the oxblood colorway is just lovely in your photo. I'm in love with everything red just now, while waiting for spring to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful yarn for the sweater. That Sweet Georgia wall in Unwind always tempts me too, heh.

    ReplyDelete