Friday, May 25, 2012

FO Friday 88


Happy Friday! I hope everyone has great plans this week, especially those who gets to have a LONG weekend as it's a holiday! Happy Memorial Day for those of you in the States! We don't have too much planned as it will be a weekend of relaxation as my husband is coming back into town. He's been traveling a lot for work and will be off again next week. We hope the weather shapes up as we want to go to the beach, but it looks like it might be a tad cold. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Today I'm super excited to share my second pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks! This first time I made these, you may remember was back in October or November of last year as a Christmas present for my mother in law. I loved the pattern so much, I knew that I'd be making them again for myself. Funny enough, I love them so much still after the second time that I will make this my go to sock knitting pattern when I want an easy, yet pretty sock. They fit perfect and the color is fun (and bright)!



Materials:

Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks
Yarn: Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Orange Sherbet
Needles: Knit Picks Harmony US 1 1/2 (2.5mm) w/ a 32" cable
Notes: No notes for me. I followed the pattern including the same number of repeats.

Share your FOs!








24 comments:

  1. I love that orange, and I'm really not an orange person. Its really motivating me to knit a pair of socks already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and lovely pair of socks! I really like that pattern, I'll have to give sock knitting a try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a wonderful weekend with your husband back home. Your socks are beautiful and the color is quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your socks, they always look so professional, inspiring!
    I hope one day I can knit socks as well as you!

    Have a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That orange is spectacular. I am queuing that pattern, since they look like the perfect everyday socks... Especially if they are mega bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great....and there is definitely something about that color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous socks! Love that orange! Have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color, love the pattern! Adding it to my Rav favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those socks are awesome! That orange is super lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that color, and my inner geek squealed just a little bit that I'm number 42 on the list today (Towel Day).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for orange socks!

    (Also, you must really feel the pressure to crank out the FOs every week, huh? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy, they are beautiful! I'm working on Hermione's Everyday Socks, too -- they were my WIP this past Wednesday, and are packed in my travel bag for the bus ride I'm about to take. Thanks for sharing a bit of inspiration to keep me going!

    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea....for the pretty orange socks and they fit woot woot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pattern. Love the colour. Gorgeous socks!!
    (PS: I'm secretly sheering for the Kings for The Cup... shhhh, don't tell!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color! And love how you name your yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the color! I hope you get to go to the beach. I miss the beach so much! We lived in OC for three years but are now land locked in kansas :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still loving the orange foot! I cant let Alex see these or he would want to know when I am getting started on HIS.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete