Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 91

Hi everyone! It's great to be back and actually writing WIPW close to when it's going to post. The last few have been scheduled while I was traveling to and from Oregon. I had a great time, as I mentioned on Friday, and will tell you all about the trip soon!


I started this sock while on the trip, but to be honest I didn't get much knitting done despite the 18 hour car trip one way. I thought I would be a knitting fool when not driving, but didn't even get a stitch knit on the way up. Nuts, right? I started the sock in the booth at the fiber festival, but for some reason I had a weird issue with it, where there was a small hole in the ribbing despite not dropping a stitch. I pulled it out and started over again on the car right back to California. I got the cuff done, but have done the rest since I've been home. This is Hermione's Everyday Sock in Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Orange Sherbet.  You may remember I made the same pattern in October/November of last year for my mother in law. I've been dying to make a pair for myself and so when it came up on my knitting group's queue for our Harry Potter Sock Challenge, I couldn't wait to get started. I think this will be my go to "vanilla" sock pattern from now on. They just fly off the needles. If you're looking for a fun, easy but great looking sock, give these a try! They look great with solid/semi solid/variegated yarns.







This sock doesn't look too different since the last you saw it, but I finished the lace section on the leg and started the heel flap (but the heel flap part isn't in this picture). I did the remaining lace (on the leg) in Oregon. I'm hoping to finish the first sock soon and get going on the second one. I really want to wear these as they are quite beautiful. I'm using Candy Skein Yummy fingering again, this time in the March 2012 colorway Leprechaun Lollipop.


That's it for me today. Be sure to check back on Thursday as I have a big surprise as it is Candy Skein's first anniversary!

Also, for those interested, the Candy Skein store is now open at Candyskein.com! There is all new stock listed, including new colorways. You can also now check out straight from the site! Also, the Effie Socks pattern is now available and I'm hosting a Candy Skein Effie Sock KAL starting May 1-June 31st at Candy Skein Addicts on Ravelry.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



29 comments:

  1. I feel so left out not being a sock knitter! Maybe one day, yours look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that orange sock, and I want a pair! The green are lovely too. You make me want to knit socks, or at least, you know, try to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange sock, it looks incredible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how orange! I may need that colourway sooner than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my those socks looks gorgeous, the colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange is not my colour, but on the other hand, wearing it far away from my face, it wouldn't give me an unhealthy look at all. Your socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those socks - adore those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with what's been said before, those colors are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I never tried to make socks. I'm scared I will do one and the second one won't look the same at all. Perhaps one day LOL

    Yours do look fab! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lace pattern in the green socks! Nice job on both, although I'm sorry the orange one is being difficult - maybe it needs some time out? ; -D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks look great! I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in the car not knitting when my husband is driving. I guess I feel as though I should be watching the road too, or entertaining the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made some great progress on that orange sock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful both in design and the colors.....soooooo springy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pattern of that scok. I have decided that I need some more hand-knit socks after shrinking a load of my old ones :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. welcome back and I love the sock colors you chose. They are so vibrant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome orange! I really have to try Hermoine's Everyday Sock pattern. Every time I see yours I think, gosh, what a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both socks look lovely. I'm using orange, too, today, which is unusual for me. The Orange Sherbert is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to have to learn how to knit more than a wash cloth very soon. I would love to knit up some socks, my kids would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The socks are pretty! The Hermione sock pattern wandered straight into my queue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the socks. Not only the designs but also the colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your stuff is so pretty & the colors are GORGE!!!! anywho, i posted that i had a wip but i don't really but kinda in a way... i want to do the handmade pay it forward & i don't have any participants yet. check it out if you want to join me. see the rules here http://ritaculousyarnin.blogspot.com/2012/04/handmade-pay-it-forward-2012-edition.html :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the green sock. Very pretty lace section!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always enjoy the colors you work with, they're so pretty! My WIP's are amigurumi bunny and monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your socks! I'm on a sock-kick, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ordinarily I hate orange, but I'm lovin' that orange sock. Yum!
    Btw, I'm having a blog contest.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummy colors! Both definitely remind me of tasty candy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love both socks! i might make the hermione socks with the buttermints yarn i bought from you recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this idea! Definitely going to take part in WIP wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete