Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work-in-progress Wednesday 92


Happy hump day, everyone! I hope you're have a great week. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a lot done this week work wise, as yarn that was supposed to be delivered was delayed. I won't receive it until today, after it being with UPS for 9 days. Nuts, right? Sorry for the rant, but it sucks to pay $40 for shipping on 26lbs of yarn and it take forever to get here. I've had overseas shipments arrive faster! Monday and Tuesday were lost days for me, as I have orders to fill and no yarn to dye. The yarn was ordered while I was still in Oregon! ::shakes head::





The good thing about not having yarn to dye is I was able to get knitting done. I finished the first of my Hermione's Everyday Socks and am working on the leg of my second. I'll share the finished sock this Friday, but this is what I've gotten done on the second. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. My camera battery is dead.







I've been working on a secret project that I started this weekend. Here's a picture of it. I'm not going to show more, as it's a gift and I don't want to give it away. I'm almost finished, as I just have to do a small finishing touch (it's already bound off) and block it. I'll share it once I've given the gift to the recipient. :)

That's it for me today! Thanks to everyone for the support/kind words regarding Candy Skein's 1st birthday! Remember, you can comment (on both the blog post or Ravelry group) and/or purchase yarn to be entered until the giveaway until May 31st.



For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


16 comments:

  1. I hope your yarn shows up soon,. It sucks waiting for things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colour of your socks and the way that the yarn self shades. Hope your yarn turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn colors you're using!
    You're right it's annoying when you have to wait for packages. The longest I've had to wait was over a month. That's because my local postal service lost the package in their mail room.

    My work in progress is Coraline, I'm making it for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your UPS nightmare. I've had them before and it is very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The things you can't control are always the most frustrating - sorry for your shipping headaches! Love the oranges in your Hermoine socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colours make me want to get into yarn dyeing. Everytime I comment, this is what I talk about. I'm not going to do that this time...I love doing the secret projects, are we allowed to guess what it is??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tami,

    I am feeling the yarn color on that sock. I so can't wait to see your pink finished project. Sorry about your yarn arrival. I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that sucks about your yarn shipment! On the plus side, that orange yarn is gorgeous! They're going to be some amazing socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first WIPW I've taken part in, I just hope I can continue, so thanks for organizing!

    That orange is gorgeous. And I agree, I hate waiting that long for yarn (which probably says too much about me as a person if I can't wait for yarn, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just want to say: Thank you for making sharing so easy and fun. It's been a great way to see new things and meet new people. And, your yarn is lovely! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love that orange!

    Hope your yarn comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh a Mothers Day dishcloth maybe in progress???

    I am enjoying reading your blogroll. I love finding new blogs to read r/t knitting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that orange! Though saying so makes me feel like an echo to everyone else who has already said that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog, I am finally joining in on WIP Wednesdays. I didn't type my blog name in right though, my bad!

    Those socks are gorgeous, I have a hidden passion for bright orange.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the 1st time I participate! :)

    ReplyDelete