I have so many WIPs right now, I don't even know if I'm coming or going. The issue is, most of them I've shared and they don't look too different at this point, so I won't bore you with many pictures of the same stuff.
The blanket from last week was frogged, do to realizing it needed to be wider. Lisa, a lady who is a regular at the crochet meetup I co-run, suggesting adding a third color once I made it wider. I have a fear of running out of the blue color, and since it's a discontinued color and I got it on clearance for $2 a skein, there is no way to buy more in the same colorway unless I want to fish around on Ravelry in hopes that someone has it. I went to Joann's this weekend, armed with a coupon and found another colorway in a darker brown than the tan I'm using that seems like it will work well. If you're reading this, thanks Lisa!
I'm working on the scarf, but well, it just looks a little longer. I figured I wouldn't bore you with pics of it until it is a decent length. :)
I've been taking my editing on the road, a la Panera Bread and Starbucks. My manuscript is 241 printed pages long, so as you can imagine, it's hard to wrangle. Currently, I hold it together in a gallon sized zip lock bag that includes the pages, a red pen (yes, the dreaded red pen!), my idea/notes journal and those little flag things to flag pages. Yesterday, I realized how ghetto the plastic bag is, so I started on crocheting a re-usable crocheted bag/envelope type deal that can hold everything and be cute. I plan to line it when I'm done, and also add a pocket. I've made it a little bigger than needed, wanting to have room to expand for more pages, etc. We'll see how it turns out. I'm just using acrylic I had sitting in my stash that I bought on a whim last 4th of July during the massive sales at Joann's. I love diving into my stash and picking yarn from it!
Alea and I decided since we both had The Big Book of Knitted Monsters, we should do a KAL and both make them. Sunday night I sat down to start, picking what should be the easiest pattern from the book, Petunia. Wanting to challenge myself, I learned the long tail cast on, which I will say, IS SO EASY! I'm not sure why I'd been avoiding it, but I love it. Stupidly, I didn't stop there. I decided because that went so great, that I would also learn the magic loop. Rebecca Danger, the author of the book/patterns, suggests using the magic look, so I thought, why not? Seven times later, I still had a twisted mess and much frustration. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but once I get around to the second side of stitches they seemed twisted. Honestly, I wanted to scream. Before I start knitting, I make sure that both cast on seams face down, with no twisting. Then, after I start knitting, they look twisted. I think when I knit, I twist my hands, which then twists the stitches. Sunday night, I wanted to scream. But GOOD NEWS! I figured it out yesterday and am now slowly on my way to making my own monster! :)
If you're interested in joining Alea and I in our KAL, feel free. You can do any monster you'd like from the book, or you can purchase a pattern from Ravelry. (I am not associated with the designer in any way. I just like her designs.)
For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!