Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 98

Happy Wednesday everyone! I've been working super hard on my shawl so that I can start a new one, so I'm going to get right to that. Before I do though, I wanted to mention that I added some new colorways (and some classics) to the shop in Yummy fingering. I blogged about it this week here.






So about that shawl. I shared it last week but I'm pretty far long with it now as you can see. It's hard to photograph this as this point, as my cable isn't long enough to spread it out. This is the Multnomah shawl by Kate Ray.







I'm using a yarn I bought at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival, a skein of Alexandra's Crafts Merino/Tencel yarn. The picture above shows a closer up version of the fan and feather lace pattern at the bottom of the shawl. I've knit half of repeat 4, and there are 10 total. I can't wait to finish it as I'm loving how it looks so far!


That's it for me today! I hope you have a great rest of the week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!








20 comments:

  1. The shawl is lovely, and so exciting, now that the edging pattern shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty!!!! Can't wait to see it off the cable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl looks beautiful - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shawl, nice soft colours and the edging looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shawl. Would love to make one but not to wear one unless it was firmly attached and wouldn't flap about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the crochet look of the edging

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something I want to try. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last week I got my Candy Skein First Birthday colourway - so very pretty. Now, I have to decided which socks to knit! Pretty colours in your shawl, especially now that we see the edging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been debating between the multnomah and the oaklet shawl. I think your pictures are pushing me towards the multnomah. It is beautiful in that yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colour, lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is beautiful, Tami -- I love the way the blue and purple fade into one another!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shawl is beautiful!! Maybe someday when I can knit better, i'll make a shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had that shawl on my want to make list for a long time....it's looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the detailed edging and the colors. Keep knitting!


    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will be such a lovely shawl when finished! Thanks for hosting - sharing a 2012 project update this week.

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the feather and fan at the edge. What a lovely colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours in your shawl. Can't wait to see the end result. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the edge on this shawl and the colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. as always your stuff is beautiful!!! i love that yarn colorway! :o)

    ReplyDelete